• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Real Madrid the greatest club in football history?

Deprecator

After defeating the champions of Italy, France and Germany (away in Turin, Paris and Munich, respectively), Real Madrid have once again been crowned the kings of Europe, clinching their 4th Champions league title in 5 years. This unprecedented and history making success happened to occur right after breaking the transfer market world record with the purchase of Gareth Bale, who would go on to score the game winners in 3 out of the 5 domestic/ European cup finals that he participated in, most recently a stunner that is easily the greatest goal I've ever seen scored in a final.

Considering their level of success, shouldn't Real Madrid go down as the greatest football team of all time? At least in the modern era I can't think of a team that even comes close to them in terms of quality. I mean sure there is Barcelona... but they were eliminated after a 3-0 away defeat to club placed 3rd in Serie A, are overly reliant on Messi and also have this Suarez guy who always acts like he's competing for some kind of Oscar.