• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which art medium is your personal fave to both work with and look at?.

Whats your fave media in general?

• Sketching

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Colored pencils

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Ayrlic paint

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Oil paint

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Watercolors

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Oil pastels

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Charchol

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Chalk pastels

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Modeling and crafts (Clay,china,paper e.t.c)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Digital media

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Ceramic. i work with it professionally ( I could not find a non-douchey way to say that.)

I love the versatility of texture and color.

This is also hwy it is the biggest pain in the ass to work with. SO.Finicky!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’ve always been drawn to the vibe of sketches. A sketchy style feels raw and has kind of a simplified impressionist feeling that strikes a nice balance between realism and abstraction

skimpit

I think each kind of art has its purpose in regards to my enjoyment. I get certain things out of each, mostly catharsis, different for each one. I would like working with every kind if I actually had talent with a certain type. I have mostly been a writer, photographer, and instrumentalist in my life. Now I am nothing.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mean I like working with various media in general, but I'd say my favorite is a simple ink pen and paper. LOL.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like making crappy "encaustic" sculptures. Shoot, I just like playing with wax. I've even taken cheese wax and made "abstract" blobs.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I prefer paper and pencil, my drawing almost always looks better at the sketch phase than at than any other. I do decent with digital media and I'm confident that if I could afford the right kind of tablet, I could do some more extravagant work. I useless with the tablets that don't have a screen, my hand eye coordination is garbage.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love looking at clay and ceramic art. In middle school, I made a snowy owl in art class from clay. I modeled it after Harry Potter's owl Hedwig. It's not the best as I'm not a very good artist, but I worked very hard on it. My owl statue still sits on my dresser.

If I'm going to create any sort of art, my tool of choice is colored pencil. I just really like colored pencils, and I own a ton of them.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alcohol ink

il_570xN.1395581568_tehd.jpg

This lady from Wisconsin makes these amazing artworks and sells them on her Etsy store.

Wisdom 24/7

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
acrylics just because it's more fun than working with oils c'mon, you can clean it, you don't have to deal with toxic gases, it's faster, endless advantages
for drawings mostly pencil + pen + digital colouring

Permabanned
I'm a huge texture whore, so my favorite art will deliver a sense of that. I cannot pick just one form, but I mostly create via sketching and photography, and I've worked with acrylic and oil pastels. I'd love to try oil paint, and also pyrography (the art of burning wood). I'd also really like to learn graphic design so that I can further play with photography and mixed media. Also, my favorite subject is nudes.

show ur nudes bb

scarlettlove

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's impossible to say which one is my favorite media of all time!!!! Though long time I thought my media is digital drawing, because I did it most and got positive feedback from it. I have tried many art and craft techniques. From paper stitching to mosaic and from printmaking to aquarelles.

But I can say my favorite technique currently to do art is the aquarelles. I was afraid to start working with that technique at first, because I thought it is a super hard technique.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Work with, I like sketch/charcoal pencils because I can achieve dark deep tones(both literally and metaphorically) and they're awesome for shading and textures. I like glitter markers because they're shiny and they feel so smooth when using them and it's satisfying. I like painting with acrylics too, though I like painting stuff like birdhouses more than painting on an actual canvas. I think it's just cause I like making crafts-I like making my own, um, thing?(like making my own mugs and jewelry). For crafts, I like pretty much everything except sewing/knitting cause I'm terribly uncoordinated in that realm.

Look at, I love digital art, except making digital art is a pain. Everything that looks good on paper looks cringy when it's drawn on screen, drawing tablet or none. I don't hate it cause I went to a trade school for graphic design and we used Illustrator and stuff to make t-shirts and bottle labels which was pretty fun. But yeah, the actual drawing part is blah. By digital art, I mostly like looking at art of my favorite shows. Markers are nice too, as they're super vibrant and make things look like digital art on a piece of paper. I also like moodboards as well as photography, especially travel pics/ landscapes and foooood.