• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best light reading you have ever done.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have been looking around for stuff to read. Generally I read the most during downtime in work when I have to wait around a lot. The kind of reading I generally go for is fairly light, Quantity over quality (my mind fills in/fixes the flaws). Inspirational, upbeat, feelgood, adventurous. The kind of protagonists I tend to prefer are mature, 20+ in age and not too dense, either male or female. I'll leave it at that for fear of pigeonholing myself to a place nothing can be found.
If there is anything that comes to mind reading these criteria, let me know!
I got plenty of trips ahead of me with lots of reading time and it sucks that Ive got very little to read.

Ps: I do all my reading in english. Because reasons :shrug:. So no need to consider my native tongue.

Lark

I'd recommend Philip K Dick, some of the books have difficult parts often because of the subject matter but if you bare with them they usually pan out (I think VALIS is an exception but people dont always agree with me about that, I think it was the awful precursor, along with Radio Free Albion, to what was the awesome Divine Invasion, although they are treated as a trilogy those three books), any of them are a good pick but I'd actually recommend that you avoid Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep or any of the others which has a big rep or has been adapted to TV or anything like that, seriously, the best PKD is not filmable.

Though the sci if and fantasy masterworks series are all good, or even just consider buying the material that they've been mining up in its earlier editions, a lot of my reading for some time has been books which were tossed aside as pulp fiction garbage from an earlier time, bought cheap second hand, which turns out to be "rediscovered" later. One of the best examples I can think of is Camp Concentration about a dystopian future and a group of genius' trying to escape a concentration camp.

Ray Russell I've been reading lately too, I recommend his books too.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ooh, I haven't read anything from him and it looking up some of his works, I think I might quite enjoy them. Thanks for the reccomendation!

Ray Russel's stuff seems a bit too far out there for my tastes, looking up some of his stuff. But I will consider giving his works a go as well. :)

Lark

Ooh, I haven't read anything from him and it looking up some of his works, I think I might quite enjoy them. Thanks for the reccomendation!

Ray Russel's stuff seems a bit too far out there for my tastes, looking up some of his stuff. But I will consider giving his works a go as well. :)

Well, I thought The Case Against Satan was good, it was the first I read, I am reading Haunted Castles now which has a good foreword by Del Toro, the director, and all the stories are very easy reading, its psychological thriller horror writing, a little like Jekyle and Hyde or Phantom of The Opera, I recommend it because its pretty absorbing paper back style stuff, easy to read and pass the time with. Fun stuff.