• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Solo (movie)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There were two distinct areas where the writers stole from The Last Jedi.

Nobody else here can figure it out, just me.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There were two distinct areas where the writers stole from The Last Jedi.

Nobody else here can figure it out, just me.

The dice? As I understand it, you can only see those dice one time in the OT. So they didn't steal it from the Last Jedi; it was a reference to something in the original film. Actually, as soon as I saw the unusual prominence given to those dice in TLJ, I figured they were going to be in the Solo.

I also saw red Crait-like streaks on Kessel.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The dice? As I understand it, you can only see those dice one time in the OT. So they didn't steal it from the Last Jedi; it was a reference to something in the original film. Actually, as soon as I saw the unusual prominence given to those dice in TLJ, I figured they were going to be in the Solo.

I also saw red Crait-like streaks on Kessel.

Nope, not those things. I'm thinking in terms of plot not objects such as dice and red streaks on planets.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I loved the movie. Favorite star wars movie in years.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw this last night.

It was an odd experience -- I actually found a lot of the banter and scenes funny (I laughed a decent amount)... but I was also incredibly bored by the film. Which might seem odd, but I think basically there was a lot of lippy banter that was amusing, while the film was lacking an overall / big-picture impetus to make it compelling on a broader level. I just really didn't care about anything that was happening -- kind of the film I didn't ask for and that didn't really address anything I wanted to know, more of a "hey remember all those Han details? Well, we'll flesh out those things here and explain them better." I don't regret watching it, but I also have no desire to ever see it again.

Donald Glover did do a wonderful Lando, and I gotta say that Ehrenreich was fine as Han. I mean, it's not like Oscar winning performance, but I didn't see any problems with his work here and I'm not sure why some people had complained about it.

I can't say I'm a great fan of Emilia Clarke. I don't hate her, she's been in a few things I've enjoyed (including GoT) and is okay, but she's also rather bland IMO. Kind of like Ron Howard nowadays. I think Howard's heydey was in the 80-90's, where he was doing admirably consistent work that seemed more adventurous compared to all the other boomer paint-by-numbers directors out there at the time, but nowadays with lots of indie film and far more daring stuff coming out, he's just pretty vanilla.

Of course yeah, there's the "shocking" cameo at the movie's end. But more of a "yeah, whatever," because what bearing does it really have on anything currently happening in the SW universe? Unless they have future plans for him? (but of course he doesn't appear in the original trilogy nor in the most recent one either.)