Thread: Solo (movie)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

There were two distinct areas where the writers stole from The Last Jedi.

Nobody else here can figure it out, just me.

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    There were two distinct areas where the writers stole from The Last Jedi.

Nobody else here can figure it out, just me.
    The dice? As I understand it, you can only see those dice one time in the OT. So they didn't steal it from the Last Jedi; it was a reference to something in the original film. Actually, as soon as I saw the unusual prominence given to those dice in TLJ, I figured they were going to be in the Solo.

I also saw red Crait-like streaks on Kessel.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    The dice? As I understand it, you can only see those dice one time in the OT. So they didn't steal it from the Last Jedi; it was a reference to something in the original film. Actually, as soon as I saw the unusual prominence given to those dice in TLJ, I figured they were going to be in the Solo.

I also saw red Crait-like streaks on Kessel.
    Nope, not those things. I'm thinking in terms of plot not objects such as dice and red streaks on planets.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I loved the movie. Favorite star wars movie in years.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    BELF
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I saw this last night.

It was an odd experience -- I actually found a lot of the banter and scenes funny (I laughed a decent amount)... but I was also incredibly bored by the film. Which might seem odd, but I think basically there was a lot of lippy banter that was amusing, while the film was lacking an overall / big-picture impetus to make it compelling on a broader level. I just really didn't care about anything that was happening -- kind of the film I didn't ask for and that didn't really address anything I wanted to know, more of a "hey remember all those Han details? Well, we'll flesh out those things here and explain them better." I don't regret watching it, but I also have no desire to ever see it again.

Donald Glover did do a wonderful Lando, and I gotta say that Ehrenreich was fine as Han. I mean, it's not like Oscar winning performance, but I didn't see any problems with his work here and I'm not sure why some people had complained about it.

I can't say I'm a great fan of Emilia Clarke. I don't hate her, she's been in a few things I've enjoyed (including GoT) and is okay, but she's also rather bland IMO. Kind of like Ron Howard nowadays. I think Howard's heydey was in the 80-90's, where he was doing admirably consistent work that seemed more adventurous compared to all the other boomer paint-by-numbers directors out there at the time, but nowadays with lots of indie film and far more daring stuff coming out, he's just pretty vanilla.

Of course yeah, there's the "shocking" cameo at the movie's end. But more of a "yeah, whatever," because what bearing does it really have on anything currently happening in the SW universe? Unless they have future plans for him? (but of course he doesn't appear in the original trilogy nor in the most recent one either.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"
    "You can't take a picture of this, it's already gone." ~ "Six Feet Under"