• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Favorite Video Game Moments

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have threads for music, movies, TV shows, ect. Why not games? Why not zoidberg?

Anyways,

I don't remember very much at all from my childhood, yet I vividly remember popping this game in my PS1, watching this intro video, and just being absolutely stunned at how fluid and lifelike the animation was, as well as a sense of excitement of knowing I was about to embark on this grand adventure. This is still my favorite game of all-time -- The plot, character development, everything just seemed so engaging and immersive in comparison to anything I'd played up-to that point.

So many games. More recently? Probably the end of The Last of Us. A lot of people seemed to not get the ending because it didn’t culminate in aliens battling humanity in giant robots or there wasn’t a titanic duel with an arch villain. The western world has a very narrowly defined idea of how stories, movies and video games should end. They don’t normally end with a question. I loved that ending. The story was about relationships, specifically a father daughter dynamic between two people who start out as distrustful strangers, it’s only fitting the end focused on a pivotal moment of trust. At the time of it’s release there was no plan for a sequel so the ending was really open and left for the player to interpret what occurred after Ellie says the word okay. So often we as an audience aren’t left with such an open ended finale. It was such an intense story of love and loss and recovery and fear of connecting to someone else after such deep loss.

The gameplay was less impressive and clunky at times but the characters and the voice acting and the story were incredible. A guy edited the cut scenes and gameplay into a multi part video that plays like a movie. Even if you don’t care for video games normally watching that cinematic version is worth it. Anyway, I just sat there after the credits started rolling for a half hour at least trying to digest everything and what I honestly thought transpired after the final scene. I thought about that ending for a few days. Absolutely superb imo.

Here’s the first part of that cinematic edit of the game. It’s pretty intense for a video game.

Breathing

Pokemon Emerald was my first video game. I didn't expect a cutscene, little kid me was shook to the core

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
So many games. More recently? Probably the end of The Last of Us. A lot of people seemed to not get the ending because it didn’t culminate in aliens battling humanity in giant robots or there wasn’t a titanic duel with an arch villain. The western world has a very narrowly defined idea of how stories, movies and video games should end. They don’t normally end with a question. I loved that ending. The story was about relationships, specifically a father daughter dynamic between two people who start out as distrustful strangers, it’s only fitting the end focused on a pivotal moment of trust. At the time of it’s release there was no plan for a sequel so the ending was really open and left for the player to interpret what occurred after Ellie says the word okay. So often we as an audience aren’t left with such an open ended finale. It was such an intense story of love and loss and recovery and fear of connecting to someone else after such deep loss.

The gameplay was less impressive and clunky at times but the characters and the voice acting and the story were incredible. A guy edited the cut scenes and gameplay into a multi part video that plays like a movie. Even if you don’t care for video games normally watching that cinematic version is worth it. Anyway, I just sat there after the credits started rolling for a half hour at least trying to digest everything and what I honestly thought transpired after the final scene. I thought about that ending for a few days. Absolutely superb imo.

Here’s the first part of that cinematic edit of the game. It’s pretty intense for a video game.

I have this on PS4, and made it about halfway through the game and got frustrated because I couldn't move past a particular point. However, I find the story so intriguing that I could equally be satisfied watching a Let's Play of this game, as opposes to actually playing it myself.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

This fight felt so epic the first time around after many, many hours invested to get to this moment.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Before I got my PS4 I watched a multi hour playthru of this game because I had heard how amazing it was.

Even just watching it was worth it.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I loved, hated, & feared the Angry Sun in Mario 3.

His return in World 8!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...first time using a D-pad on a Nintendo after being used to using a joystick.

tenor.gif

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tanooki suit propels this Mario game ahead of all others.

This is the only Mario game I’m willing to acknowledge, at all. The first two were merely trial runs.
All the rest after this are garbage and don’t exist to me.
/purist

Also, Yoshi is stupid.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Best part starts about 3 1/2 minutes in.