User Tag List

123 Last

Default Your Favorite Video Game Moments

We have threads for music, movies, TV shows, ect. Why not games? Why not zoidberg?

Anyways,

I don't remember very much at all from my childhood, yet I vividly remember popping this game in my PS1, watching this intro video, and just being absolutely stunned at how fluid and lifelike the animation was, as well as a sense of excitement of knowing I was about to embark on this grand adventure. This is still my favorite game of all-time -- The plot, character development, everything just seemed so engaging and immersive in comparison to anything I'd played up-to that point.
    Likes Tater, lunalum liked this post

So many games. More recently? Probably the end of The Last of Us. A lot of people seemed to not get the ending because it didn’t culminate in aliens battling humanity in giant robots or there wasn’t a titanic duel with an arch villain. The western world has a very narrowly defined idea of how stories, movies and video games should end. They don’t normally end with a question. I loved that ending. The story was about relationships, specifically a father daughter dynamic between two people who start out as distrustful strangers, it’s only fitting the end focused on a pivotal moment of trust. At the time of it’s release there was no plan for a sequel so the ending was really open and left for the player to interpret what occurred after Ellie says the word okay. So often we as an audience aren’t left with such an open ended finale. It was such an intense story of love and loss and recovery and fear of connecting to someone else after such deep loss.

The gameplay was less impressive and clunky at times but the characters and the voice acting and the story were incredible. A guy edited the cut scenes and gameplay into a multi part video that plays like a movie. Even if you don’t care for video games normally watching that cinematic version is worth it. Anyway, I just sat there after the credits started rolling for a half hour at least trying to digest everything and what I honestly thought transpired after the final scene. I thought about that ending for a few days. Absolutely superb imo.

Here’s the first part of that cinematic edit of the game. It’s pretty intense for a video game.

Likes Snow as White, HoneyBlossom liked this post

Pokemon Emerald was my first video game. I didn't expect a cutscene, little kid me was shook to the core

Likes Tater liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    So many games. More recently? Probably the end of The Last of Us. A lot of people seemed to not get the ending because it didn’t culminate in aliens battling humanity in giant robots or there wasn’t a titanic duel with an arch villain. The western world has a very narrowly defined idea of how stories, movies and video games should end. They don’t normally end with a question. I loved that ending. The story was about relationships, specifically a father daughter dynamic between two people who start out as distrustful strangers, it’s only fitting the end focused on a pivotal moment of trust. At the time of it’s release there was no plan for a sequel so the ending was really open and left for the player to interpret what occurred after Ellie says the word okay. So often we as an audience aren’t left with such an open ended finale. It was such an intense story of love and loss and recovery and fear of connecting to someone else after such deep loss.

The gameplay was less impressive and clunky at times but the characters and the voice acting and the story were incredible. A guy edited the cut scenes and gameplay into a multi part video that plays like a movie. Even if you don’t care for video games normally watching that cinematic version is worth it. Anyway, I just sat there after the credits started rolling for a half hour at least trying to digest everything and what I honestly thought transpired after the final scene. I thought about that ending for a few days. Absolutely superb imo.

Here’s the first part of that cinematic edit of the game. It’s pretty intense for a video game.
    I have this on PS4, and made it about halfway through the game and got frustrated because I couldn't move past a particular point. However, I find the story so intriguing that I could equally be satisfied watching a Let's Play of this game, as opposes to actually playing it myself.
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Fiend View Post
    Love this game, yet I always liked Donkey Kong Country 2 a little bit more. I replayed both of these on emulators a few years ago, and they still hold up in terms of replay value.

This fight felt so epic the first time around after many, many hours invested to get to this moment.
    Likes Tater liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post

Before I got my PS4 I watched a multi hour playthru of this game because I had heard how amazing it was.

Even just watching it was worth it.
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I loved, hated, & feared the Angry Sun in Mario 3.

His return in World 8!

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes Atomic Fiend, Tater liked this post