• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Favorite Video Game Moments

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
In exchange for accompanying my mother and being a semi obedient child while she did the shopping, whenever we went to Walmart, she'd give me $5 dollars in quarters and leave me to my own devices while I played this in the arcade section.

JgQgCKS.png

Inspired by Mad Max II: The Road Warrior precursor to the Fallout series. One of the games that if you killed someone or destroyed something you needed later- too bad. Loved this game.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Walking Dead Season 1 Spoilers (but honestly who doesn't know how this game ends at this point)

Walking Dead Season 1 Spoilers (but honestly who doesn't know how this game ends at this point)

Yes that end was intense. Clementine rocks though. Just watched a buddy finish the 3rd season. She’d give Rick and Daryl a run for their money.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes that end was intense. Clementine rocks though. Just watched a buddy finish the 3rd season. She’d give Rick and Daryl a run for their money.

I love the latest interpretation of Clementine of this jaded, battle-hardened adolescent who lost her innocence and has adapted to this new world of living strictly for the sake of living, yet also willing to play a maternal role and devote her life to protecting AJ.

I love the latest interpretation of Clementine of this jaded, battle-hardened adolescent who lost her innocence and has adapted to this new world of living strictly for the sake of living, yet also willing to play a maternal role and devote her life to protecting AJ.

You see what happens in that world when you try to shelter a child from the reality of the situation with that girl, her father was the doctor in AJ’s parents group. She was wholly unprepared. That could have been Clem just as easily. Lee knew he had to teach her skills to live and I don’t see how after all the hell she goes through how she couldn’t be hardened. Yet because of Lee she also retained a strong sense of right and wrong and held on to a level of compassion for those that deserved it.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
People like to praise Super Mario Galaxy for Gusty Garden and Buoy Base, but one of the real MVPs of the game is Melty Molten Galaxy. There's a moment in one of the stars for this level where you narrowly escape a volcano blast while the music swells up. I remember playing this game and having this part taking my breath away. You have to play the level at a certain pace to really get the moment just right. I haven't found a clip of gameplay that does it successfully without talking over it.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
You see what happens in that world when you try to shelter a child from the reality of the situation with that girl, her father was the doctor in AJ’s parents group. She was wholly unprepared. That could have been Clem just as easily. Lee knew he had to teach her skills to live and I don’t see how after all the hell she goes through how she couldn’t be hardened. Yet because of Lee she also retained a strong sense of right and wrong and held on to a level of compassion for those that deserved it.

The character transformation she makes throughout the 3rd season is really great. In that first episode, she almost seems as if she's succumbed to the darkness that surrounds this new world, yet as the season progresses you see those slivers of her humanity and Lee's teachings slowly become more pronounced, culminating into her revealing just how pure her intentions are with making sure AJ remains safe. At the end, as the decision maker, I felt hopeful for what lies ahead for her character as she seems to embrace her humanity once again.

As much as I enjoyed season 3 for what it was, season one of TWD game is so fucking good, it's not even close -- Hell, it's even better than the TV show. When the group is holding up in the abandoned hotel, you can just feel that sense of hopelessness setting in as they realize the gravity of their current predicament. They just knocked it completely out of the park that first go-around.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sorry to spam the thread with my childhood, but this was my favorite little cutscene from Super Mario World

Edit: Whoops, wrong link! :D

The character transformation she makes throughout the 3rd season is really great. In that first episode, she almost seems as if she's succumbed to the darkness that surrounds this new world, yet as the season progresses you see those slivers of her humanity and Lee's teachings slowly become more pronounced, culminating into her revealing just how pure her intentions are with making sure AJ remains safe. At the end, as the decision maker, I felt hopeful for what lies ahead for her character as she seems to embrace her humanity once again.

As much as I enjoyed season 3 for what it was, season one of TWD game is so fucking good, it's not even close -- Hell, it's even better than the TV show. When the group is holding up in the abandoned hotel, you can just feel that sense of hopelessness setting in as they realize the gravity of their current predicament. They just knocked it completely out of the park that first go-around.
If you compare it with many trilogies the middle installment is usually the darkest before it’s dawn portion of a story. Lord of the Rings The Two Towers and Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back etc. The middle is the crucible for characters, that fire that burns them but reforges them into a stronger person.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Long after everyone else moves on from this thread, it'll basically be a place where I can profess my love affair with Final Fantasy 8, despite its universally hated combat system. Hands down, the best story within a Final Fantasy game. What this game lacks in sustained game-play engagement, it makes up for in superb story telling and character development.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Somewhere, deep in a storage closet at my parents house, contains a tattered box with at least 6 broken, taped-up Nintendo 64 controllers, each one serving as a reminder of my prepubescent fits of video game rage. This moment in video game history caused at least 1 or 2 of those broken controllers.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Stage fatalities for the early MK games

Tater

I remember playing Sonic CD when I was 5 or 6 years old, thinking these animations were the shit. Apparently, Toei Animation produced them.

Years later, I played Halo 2, which of course belonged to an overrated franchise. However, I loved this scene as well:

Amberiat

Infinity
This scene in this dark little masterpiece is so good, there is just no way to properly explain it.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I reinstalled diablo 2 on a whim yesterday. What has my life become.