• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo video analysis

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I thought this was interesting.

What are your thoughts? In general, do you like David Fincher?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are your thoughts? In general, do you like David Fincher?

I actually really liked the original trilogy that came out (with Noomi Rapace), from a narrative and acting POV.

However, that's not saying the Fincher version didn't have some impressive qualities. He usually has great production quality, for one, from a technical perspective. There's also a lot of mood ambiance to his films; I think one of the great things about se7en (for example) is the look and feel of the film which is intense and relentless, even if from a plot/character perspective I didn't find it as enjoyable. The Game, despite being old school special effects if any, is again another "mood piece" -- he really manages to stoke up paranoia and uncertainty over what's happening simply by the look and feel and framing of the film. I kinda wish the studio had been willing to see what Fincher could do with the latter two Dragon Tat films, but they just didn't reap the financial reward they thought they would.

Alien3 was kind of disastrous in terms of studio interference, which resulted in a jumbled theatrical release. I'm not sure I am into Fincher's cut from a large scale narrative view of the trilogy; however, one can't deny the film has a typical unique Fincher look and feel. (Grungy, intense, severe, a bit disturbing....)

His influence on Mindhunter (a series that came out on Netflix recently) isn't quite as strong but still a bit apparent.

Then there's Fight Club, of course -- same grunge look and feel, it really gives a lot of overall ambiance to the film. (like that old house they spent so much time in, it almost was a character in itself.)

Anyway, I think you're either into his style or you're not. I can understand it if someone doesn't have a taste for it.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I actually really liked the original trilogy that came out (with Noomi Rapace), from a narrative and acting POV.

However, that's not saying the Fincher version didn't have some impressive qualities. He usually has great production quality, for one, from a technical perspective. There's also a lot of mood ambiance to his films; I think one of the great things about se7en (for example) is the look and feel of the film which is intense and relentless, even if from a plot/character perspective I didn't find it as enjoyable. The Game, despite being old school special effects if any, is again another "mood piece" -- he really manages to stoke up paranoia and uncertainty over what's happening simply by the look and feel and framing of the film. I kinda wish the studio had been willing to see what Fincher could do with the latter two Dragon Tat films, but they just didn't reap the financial reward they thought they would.

Alien3 was kind of disastrous in terms of studio interference, which resulted in a jumbled theatrical release. I'm not sure I am into Fincher's cut from a large scale narrative view of the trilogy; however, one can't deny the film has a typical unique Fincher look and feel. (Grungy, intense, severe, a bit disturbing....)

His influence on Mindhunter (a series that came out on Netflix recently) isn't quite as strong but still a bit apparent.

Then there's Fight Club, of course -- same grunge look and feel, it really gives a lot of overall ambiance to the film. (like that old house they spent so much time in, it almost was a character in itself.)

Anyway, I think you're either into his style or you're not. I can understand it if someone doesn't have a taste for it.

I haven't seen all of his work, I've seen Se7en, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, and The Social Network. I personally see a lot of his stuff as mood pieces, but that's just me. Well, I see the works I've seen of his as mood pieces -- mostly Dragon Tattoo and Social Network. The score has a lot to do with it, too. I like the way he does things, I enjoy the details. But I'm a bit of a movie nerd with some things.