• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introspector Presents: Movie Mania!

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hope something like this doesn't exist but here we go.

Ever wanted a place to review movies that you have recently seen, as well as debate with other users? Well, then, this is the place. As an aspiring movie critic, I want to hear what people think about different movies, as well as hear valid points and things to look out for in movies. So, if you're looking for a thread to critique movies, well, here is your thread.

Enjoy!

~Spec

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
*subscribes*

This thread is definitely one I'd be interested in contributing to, as no one in person cares to enough to sit and listen to me drone on and on about my interpretation behind the hidden meanings of films, yet I have no idea where to start to kick it off. I'll be keeping eye on this.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*subscribes*

This thread is definitely one I'd be interested in contributing to, as no one in person cares to enough to sit and listen to me drone on and on about my interpretation behind the hidden meanings of films, yet I have no idea where to start to kick it off. I'll be keeping eye on this.

Whenever you're ready.

Atomic Fiend

{Go ahead and give us a short review of what you just watched} - MacG

so their's been what are you listening to and waht are you reading threads so I'm suprised that their hasn't been one of these so it can be movies or tv or whatever.

I mean there are no thread police, and there's no rule against having two, but yes.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whenever you're ready.

Alright, I'm finally in a mood where I'm ready to drone on about a movie in great length. I'll start here, with the last movie I saw that I really had a strong opinion about, but don't feel pressured to respond if you really don't care or haven't seen it.

Get Out (2017):
Before I knock this movies dick in the dirt, let me preface everything I'm about to say with this: For what it is, I enjoyed it, overall.

With that said, I think this film was a victim of its own hype. Honestly, I thought it was a bit pretentious, but then again, maybe my expectations had been set to high due to reviews and the heavy amount of press that entailed its release. Really, it is exactly what it portrays itself to be from beginning to end, and maybe it's my fault for putting it on the pedestal of this psychological thriller with many intricate twists and turns that would ultimately end with Chris's perception of all strange, albeit seemingly harmless interactions with Rose's family being the byproduct of his own paranoia and projection. Yet, from beginning to end, it felt like a very strange forward thriller with horror movie elements, with an undertone of social commentary (yet it's kind of hard to say whether that was Jordan Peele's intent or perhaps post-rationalization).

In the end, I liked it, yet I probably wouldn't watch it again. Given the premise, it's exactly what it portrays itself to be; a very straight-forward, somewhat predictable film.

That said, Jordan Peele gives an interview in which he gives details on a scrapped alternate ending from early on in production which I believe would have been a better ending that the one we got which poses more questions than it stands to answers.

watch