User Tag List

123 Last

Default What game(s) are you playing at the moment?

We have threads for music, books, food, films and TV. It's time we had one for games!

What have you been playing lately? Which have you enjoyed? Which would you recommend?
    Likes Pasta, Gentleman Jack, Lord Lavender liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Fun ideaaa.
    Recently I have been playing Town of Salem and Warzone. There's also been some Terraria.
    I like and would recommend all three, definitely. Town of Salem is fun because it's largely driven by chatting. It's like the Mafia party game. Games are short (around 15-20m) and entertaining, so it's easy to play when there's not too much time available.
    Warzone is like Risk and that's fun. You can play with large amounts of players. There are many many maps and a good arsenal of customizable settings. Some games focus on roleplaying and diplomacy, those are by far the most fun (but rarely work lol) so I've been mostly playing those.
    In Terraria, there is a lot of freedom. You can fight, build and explore, that's a lot of fun too. It's a bit like a 2D Minecraft but with more stuff and more "purpose". It's always cool to start over with a new world. The game is really beautiful!
    Likes Ingrid in grids liked this post

I'm deciding to finish LA Noire finally.
    Likes Ingrid in grids, Gentleman Jack liked this post

I've realised that the games I seem to enjoy most are open-ended life sims... and by that, I'm thinking of two games in particular: the Sims (which I've played since it first came out when I was a child), and Animal Crossing. I've enjoyed a few other games here and there, but that's the genre I seem to enjoy and return to the most.

I seem to enjoy games that are soothing with little adversity. I remember playing Civilization a while back and playing it on easy mode because I found getting attacked by the invaders annoying and stressful. I deal with enough conflict IRL, and I don't get so much of a kick out of violence. I just want to create pleasing virtual spaces and make friends in my games.

Aesthetics are also quite important to me. I like games which are beautiful and have a nice soundtrack.

Anyways, I downloaded Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp on iOS. I wasn't aware they did smartphone games. It's fun. I've made many animal friends.

Likes Gentleman Jack, Lord Lavender liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid in grids View Post

Anyways, I downloaded Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp on iOS. I wasn't aware they did smartphone games. It's fun. I've made many animal friends.
    Yeah I think that's a recent thing, starting after Pokemon Go got big. I mean they ported Shin Megami Tensei to the platform, but that's far too niche to ever catch on, and they were just the same games they released on consoles in the 80s anyways.
    Likes Ingrid in grids, Floki liked this post

MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

@Pasta terraria and Salem both rule.

(For the uninitiated, Salem is basically Mafia.)

I would always hope for the Jester role (for the uninitiated, they won by getting lynched). It was absolutely the most fun role. It basically rewarded trolling both the good guys and the bad guys.
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Ingrid in grids, Floki, Pasta liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Fiend View Post
    I'm deciding to finish LA Noire finally.
    Loved that game. One of the very few games I've bought on steam in the last couple years that had managed to hold my interest for more than 10 minutes. Game was definitely ahead of its time with the facial expression cues during interrogations, and is the perfect blend of action and detective work.

I wish we could get a sequel, but I doubt that would happen since the studio that created the game, Team Bondi, went bankrupt.
    Likes Atomic Fiend liked this post

I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV lately to attempt to fill that void previously held by World Of Warcraft, yet this game just feels so slow and unexciting. I think the only reason I've kept playing this far is probably some misplaced sense of faint optimism that it has to get better, yet that's starting to fade rather quickly.

MBTI
    INTP

Can’t stop playing PUBG. Welp.

Destroyer of Souls Lord Lavender's Avatar

ATM I'm playing my way through the Age of Empires 2 campaign it's such a briillant game with well written missions and I've not even started multiplayer yet.