• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What game(s) are you playing at the moment?

xXxXx_wEltschmErz_xXxXx

the manga was better
Fun ideaaa.
Recently I have been playing Town of Salem and Warzone. There's also been some Terraria.
I like and would recommend all three, definitely. Town of Salem is fun because it's largely driven by chatting. It's like the Mafia party game. Games are short (around 15-20m) and entertaining, so it's easy to play when there's not too much time available.
Warzone is like Risk and that's fun. You can play with large amounts of players. There are many many maps and a good arsenal of customizable settings. Some games focus on roleplaying and diplomacy, those are by far the most fun (but rarely work lol) so I've been mostly playing those.
In Terraria, there is a lot of freedom. You can fight, build and explore, that's a lot of fun too. It's a bit like a 2D Minecraft but with more stuff and more "purpose". It's always cool to start over with a new world. The game is really beautiful!

Ingrid in grids

I've realised that the games I seem to enjoy most are open-ended life sims... and by that, I'm thinking of two games in particular: the Sims (which I've played since it first came out when I was a child), and Animal Crossing. I've enjoyed a few other games here and there, but that's the genre I seem to enjoy and return to the most.

I seem to enjoy games that are soothing with little adversity. I remember playing Civilization a while back and playing it on easy mode because I found getting attacked by the invaders annoying and stressful. I deal with enough conflict IRL, and I don't get so much of a kick out of violence. I just want to create pleasing virtual spaces and make friends in my games.

Aesthetics are also quite important to me. I like games which are beautiful and have a nice soundtrack.

Anyways, I downloaded Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp on iOS. I wasn't aware they did smartphone games. It's fun. I've made many animal friends.

Atomic Fiend

Anyways, I downloaded Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp on iOS. I wasn't aware they did smartphone games. It's fun. I've made many animal friends.

Yeah I think that's a recent thing, starting after Pokemon Go got big. I mean they ported Shin Megami Tensei to the platform, but that's far too niche to ever catch on, and they were just the same games they released on consoles in the 80s anyways.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=36288]Pasta[/MENTION] terraria and Salem both rule.

(For the uninitiated, Salem is basically Mafia.)

I would always hope for the Jester role (for the uninitiated, they won by getting lynched). It was absolutely the most fun role. It basically rewarded trolling both the good guys and the bad guys.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm deciding to finish LA Noire finally.

Loved that game. One of the very few games I've bought on steam in the last couple years that had managed to hold my interest for more than 10 minutes. Game was definitely ahead of its time with the facial expression cues during interrogations, and is the perfect blend of action and detective work.

I wish we could get a sequel, but I doubt that would happen since the studio that created the game, Team Bondi, went bankrupt.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV lately to attempt to fill that void previously held by World Of Warcraft, yet this game just feels so slow and unexciting. I think the only reason I've kept playing this far is probably some misplaced sense of faint optimism that it has to get better, yet that's starting to fade rather quickly.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ATM I'm playing my way through the Age of Empires 2 campaign it's such a briillant game with well written missions and I've not even started multiplayer yet.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
....I....started playing the Sims 3 again...I'm a genie this time. I forgot how long it takes to load....Before that I was playing Badlur's Gate.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm addicted to stardew valley. i'm going to have to buy a second copy of it for my pc so i can download MODS!

á´…eparted

passages
Mostly play Overwatch, but I don't play competitive.

I got a Nintendo Switch last month and have been playing Splatoon 2 a bunch.

Don't have many other regular games at the moment.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i went back to super mario odyssey to get some more power moons. and today i got a copy of zelda breath of the wild! i have the next 2 days off work so i will be very occupied :D

gotta get my moneys worth out of this switch!!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Altho I consider myself a gamer, I barely play any games.

I played the new Ark Abberration expansion for a month or so after it was released in december. I think that has been the only time I've played a game in months (Not counting the times I started playing a game for an hour or so and then abandoning it).

Something is wrong with me, or with the gaming industry not supplying games I enjoy.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I started on Terriana and so far I am having a blast!

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the last few years, I can't retrain enough focus to sit down and play game for any meaningful length of time, with only a few notable exceptions, yet I keep buying games on Steam that I'd think I'd enjoy, only to end up playing for 10 minutes before getting bored.

Nothing lately. I’m disappointed with some of my favorite series becoming watered down lcd shadows of their former selves because control of game creation has really been taken out of the hands of the game designers and given to the suits. Artistic quality will always suffer when this occurs. CD Projekt Red is one of the few companies I still have faith in so I’m salivating for the release of Cyberpunk 2077 which is coming out ‘someday’.

Enneagram
9w1
I've been playing visual novels recently that have had anime adaptations (Little Busters! and now Higurashi When They Cry)

It didn't take any concrete spoilers except for "It's a psychological horror/suspense/mystery" to make me already fear the obvious foreshadowing in Higurashi.... apparently Im supposed to play the whole series and THEN come back to Chapter 1 so I can sense the realness of the fear in the first chapter that isn't apparent at first, but I already feel it.