• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I haven't played since before WotLK. Still 70 but I have a mixed s3 and s2 set so hopefully that will do me ok while leveling.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Nope I'm on Burning Blade. Raiding is OK, provided you are grouped with people who know what they're doing. I'm more of a solo person, and I would enjoy 5-mans and battleground PvP the most. Arena I didn't really play very much. Maybe I'll switch it up though.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Forsaken, Burning Blade. I have to figure out my professions. I looked at my professions and was at 1/75 alchemy, 100 enchanting. :shock:

Not sure what my thought process was there, and why the hell I didn't keep 300 herbalism.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
An AFK flagged druid in IF for example is just too much for them to resist. I am GREAT bait.
My first PvP experience was beautiful. I was a balance druid, my friend was feral; we were crossing the Barrens. Two Horde, a few levels down, were in the distance and didn't see us. While my friend ran ahead to buzz them, I dropped into prowl and crept toward. The Horde players finished with the mob at hand. Then they healed. Then they buffed. Then they flagged. Then they got jumped. Nerdfully so.

My retribution paladin reached Level 70 this weekend. I can still remember contemplating World of Warcraft's downloadable trial.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
So, just make it more intreseting statistically, how many dollars have you guys spent on prepaid cards and monthly fee's?.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
So, just make it more intreseting statistically, how many dollars have you guys spent on prepaid cards and monthly fee's?.

I can tell you that I have spent roughly $900 since launch 5 years ago. Currently sitting on about 140 days played, or about 3360 hours. Given use at about 60% or so, that's about 2000 hours. Opportunity cost is therefore (at minimum wage here) about $16,000.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Cafe and I were doing The Culling of Stratholme and our druids were turned into humans when we entered. I thought it was funny how the game knew our real hair and eye color. :p

WoWScrnShot_040309_125310.jpg

and this...

WoWScrnShot_040309_194018.jpg

oh yeah, and this...

WoWScrnShot_040309_194202.jpg
finally! it took for bloody ever!! :smile::smile:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Hey congrats! I'm about to hit 80 today or tomorrow, was going for a marathon last night but for some reason Comcast and Blizzard are having huge problems with latency and it was impossible to get anything done.

So I watched the Incredibles instead. Great movie.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Congrats on 80! :party2: I played for a while last night and finally hit 72, but leveling takes forever!!! :ranting:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Congrats on 80! :party2: I played for a while last night and finally hit 72, but leveling takes forever!!! :ranting:

Google "Jame's leveling guide" and download "Questhelper" addon. Efficient grinding/quest circuits that maximize EXP/Hr and stuff. Best way to do imo, since I'm one of those people who thinks the real game starts at max level. But if you enjoy the journey take your time, heh.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yeah I have questhelper, but it still takes forever lol. I have been told that the game starts at max level but who knows. I'm kind of worried that I'll get bored with it so it seems like a cache-22! :doh:

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
O YEAH! DUAL SPEC BABY! NO MORE CASTING 38 Wraths to kill a mob for I am DOOOMKIN!!!!!!!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Someone got me a prepaid game card recently, and I tried to get into it. I ended up playing an undead arcane mage. The game itself was fine, if a bit repetitive in places. But the thing was, I couldn't stand being in guilds. Their poor spelling and grammar got on my nerves, as did their crude and practical approach to the game. I also didn't like having to worry about what other people expected me to bring to the table rather than being free to play how I wanted.

I made one or two other friends who played pretty much the same way I did, which was kind of nice, although we mostly just spoke to each other and rarely played together. When I needed help with enemies, I ended up paying random strangers to help me. It worked pretty well.

I ended up reaching level 80 in a couple months on my own, earned the Explorer achievement, and after that I got bored. It wasn't bad, but I've seen better RPGs. Don't really see what the hype is about.