• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, they've been having issues all night. I get to Authenticating, then crash.

It usually happens this way with the big patches though.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Okay, good to know. I was thinking it was me and was going to be expected to do some technical stuff. I did update my drivers and looked into the firewall situmation, but did not disable it for WoW since it worked fine Monday without doing so.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
So, you're on Blackhand? Mmkay. I keep getting stuck at the character screen now. Went in and got my rogue's pets out of her bank, grabbed her mounts, was going to go respec...server down. :doh:

Better information from Blizz would be nice on this.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Yes some info would be nice. Two days of no game. Oh well, at least I'm back to actually getting things done.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Tuesday = Patch Day

They screwed this one up royally. I don't think I have ever seen them this confuzzled since I started playing 3 years ago.

Tomorrow is another day :)

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Servers seem to be running smooth now. I got in this morning and immediately went to the barber shop to fuss with my hair. Yes, I am a dork and no, I don't care.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
They screwed this one up royally. I don't think I have ever seen them this confuzzled since I started playing 3 years ago.

The first 6 months were brutal. The launch made their servers melt... bad enough that people lost their game servers for days at a time. A lot of free time was given out around then :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Servers seem to be running smooth now. I got in this morning and immediately went to the barber shop to fuss with my hair. Yes, I am a dork and no, I don't care.

Yes, you ARE a dork...
and yes, I'm jealous as hell.

I hope they get the cable installed this afternoon, this time.

(On the other hand, I've had SO much free time without computer access! woo-hoo!)

So.... are there new hair styles? Does it cost money? What's the deal?

I was happier and content playing the free trial. Ever since I paid money it's been extremely frustrating and I want to gouge my eyes out. I am still unable to play more than 24 hours later after purchasing this shit. My only hope at this point is that Cafe (who is trying to install her purchased copy now) doesn't go through the same torture than I've endured.

I hate WoW. WoW can go to hell.

That's the spirit! yay! yay!

It's going to be so much fun to play together again. :D

Don doesn't know that I bought it yet and probably isn't going to be terribly happy about it. If I have to have him help me with a difficult install when he gets home I'm really going to owe him.

Oh, I wub you! :wubbie:

Since my above post I've been to the gym for cardio circuit class and feel calmer. I hope I can play later tonight as I'd like to get to level 15.

yay! Yay! This is just like that movie "28 Days Later" where the people got infected with the Rage disease and within about 10 seconds they start twitching out and have to be put down.

Once you get bitten, there is no going back.

Wait, Jen plays WoW now? :huh: I should come visit you guys sometime, then. I do like Draenei.

!VAR!

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, new hairstyles for each race. They recycled them though, and crossed races. Draenei females got Blood Elf females, NE females got Dwarf females, etc. The cost is level specific, and depends on how many changes you do. You can change the style, color and any facial markings/features (horns, tusks, tattoos, and so on)

On my level 19 I just changed the style and it cost 6 silver which wasn't too bad.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm downstairs and it seems as though the patch is too big so I need to have the husband install it here. I know there's space somewhere but because he's got so many techy gadgets on this machine, I am lost. I'm heading upstairs in a few to see how it's working on my lappy. I have my doubts but we'll see. ;)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
What a load of crap. Took ages to download the stupid game and now will take ages (more than 6 hours) to download the patch shit. Total piss take.

Unique

I've always been more into Diablo than warcraft....

WoW is still good though I never follow through with anything in the game. I seem to start trying to do a quest or getting an item and then am already doing something else.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
That's pretty much what I love about it. Most of my friends are all about the next piece of gear or the next boss kill. I say screw that. I like to wander around seeing things, picking flowers and coordinating matching outfits. I'll also randomly sit in starting areas and answer questions for noobs and help them with quests and stuff.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah. I have a bad habit of wandering around looking for plants and getting killed and I've also gone over a few waterfalls because I wanted to see what was on the other side. Turns out the thing on the other side is certain death. Who knew?

Still got about a quarter of the most recent download to go. *sigh*

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
This was my favorite part of the patch. Hunters now have the ability to tame exotic pets, so I went over to the Draenei starting area and tamed Orthus here:

puppy.jpg

He's been a pain to housebreak so far :)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
That's pretty much what I love about it. Most of my friends are all about the next piece of gear or the next boss kill. I say screw that. I like to wander around seeing things, picking flowers and coordinating matching outfits. I'll also randomly sit in starting areas and answer questions for noobs and help them with quests and stuff.
Do you think it matters download speed wise if I redirect my routers or will it still take ages to get back online regardless?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
This was my favorite part of the patch. Hunters now have the ability to tame exotic pets, so I went over to the Draenei starting area and tamed Orthus here:

Sweet mother of god, that's awesome.

It's a shame that my hunter is 70 and I have zero interest in raiding anymore (hence, don't play him anymore)... That's the awesomest thing I have ever seen.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4

I so want one! If I ever get back on I am going to be a hunter assuming that's what she is.

btw she is much hotter than horse lady. ;)
Sweet mother of god, that's awesome.

It's a shame that my hunter is 70 and I have zero interest in raiding anymore (hence, don't play him anymore)... That's the awesomest thing I have ever seen.
Start over with us!

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
You'll have to get to at least level 61 to tame him, as the talent to do it is a 51 point talent. It's more gimmicky than anything.

And no, horse lady is always hotter than the night elves :) Especially now with my ponytail.

(oh dear God, I am sad)