• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was thinking of the same thing. i actually have to work for money now, and it's painful. It's a nice throwback to the beginning days though, and kinda fun. I just grabbed mining and skinning, and the copper is going for 2G per stack, so that will help a bit.

Wow, those are good prices aren't they? (for copper)

We need a tailor to make us some darn bags, that's been my main hiccup so far; no more bag space.

I ended up taking herbalism and alchemy with my warrior, but I could start my druid on tailoring.

Bags seem silly but that's what I bought first with the 2g my friend gave me.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, I think the copper prices are so high for any upcoming Jewelcrafters. The thing that will truly make some bank is the low level herbs, at least in the coming weeks while people are leveling the new Inscription profession. A lot of the early herbs you gather should net close to 3G per stack if not more.

That will definitely help in getting a mount at 30 now instead of 40.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I think the copper prices are so high for any upcoming Jewelcrafters. The thing that will truly make some bank is the low level herbs, at least in the coming weeks while people are leveling the new Inscription profession. A lot of the early herbs you gather should net close to 3G per stack if not more.

When's the release date?

I didn't realize that herbs would finally have some kick, I'll definitely have to stock up.

That will definitely help in getting a mount at 30 now instead of 40.

yes, that was a big change... it's nice not to have to walk through Desolace. *shudder*

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
The release date for the Expansion is November 13th, but they are doing the preliminary release of talents and such like they did for Burning Crusade tomorrow. Servers will be down tomorrow until 5PM EST but here is what will be added when you log back in:

New class spells and talents
Stormwind Harbor
Barbershops in capital cities
Zeppelin towers outside of Orgrimmar and Tirisfal Glades
Two brand-new Arenas featuring challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles
Guild calendar
Hunter pet skill revamp
New profession: Inscription

This patch will also cause all your talents to reset to 0, so make sure you spend them again when you log in.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The release date for the Expansion is November 13th, but they are doing the preliminary release of talents and such like they did for Burning Crusade tomorrow. Servers will be down tomorrow until 5PM EST but here is what will be added when you log back in:

New class spells and talents
Stormwind Harbor
Barbershops in capital cities
Zeppelin towers outside of Orgrimmar and Tirisfal Glades

What, there's new zep towers besides those locations?

Two brand-new Arenas featuring challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles
Guild calendar
Hunter pet skill revamp
New profession: Inscription

It sounds interesting.
Of course I am moving, so my cable is getting hooked up at 5pm today and then I need to set up my system again. I hope it goes smoothly.

This patch will also cause all your talents to reset to 0, so make sure you spend them again when you log in.

oh gawd. Do you mean I have to respec all my high levels now? Arrggg!!!! i don't even remember what I had chosen and have to figure it all out again!

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
The zeppelin towers will have the new zeps that go to Northrend, although they won't go there yet.

And don't feel bad, I have two 70s, two 65s, two 58s and about 11 20-50s to respec, talk about a pain in the butt.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
That is fun to me at least. I love the leveling part, all the little stupid quests that we do in leveling up. I am also a fashion whore in game, and collect clothing like a crazy person. Even if an outfit gives me better stats, I still wear the weaker stuff cause it looks better.

This is why I am so excited about the barber shop tomorrow. I will probably blow tons of gold every other day changing my hairstyle.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
You two are freaking me out.

My trial ends today and my BofA visa blocks payments to Blizzard entertainment (too much identity theft) and suggested that I purchase a prepaid card which I did and Blizzard doesn't accept those so unless they have magic powers and can bend the rules I may not be playing WoW which is probably for the best since I have to tear myself away and am finding the whole billing thing frustrating. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is fun to me at least. I love the leveling part, all the little stupid quests that we do in leveling up. I am also a fashion whore in game, and collect clothing like a crazy person. Even if an outfit gives me better stats, I still wear the weaker stuff cause it looks better.

That's why you need the bags. :D

I had more fun in Second Life with clothes styles, it was disappointing in WoW that you could not customize your own styles, but maybe the options will continue to expand.

This is why I am so excited about the barber shop tomorrow. I will probably blow tons of gold every other day changing my hairstyle.

That part DID sound cool.

CoH has costume and hair style changes as part of their system, and you'd get "costume slots" as you leveled.

My trial ends today and my BofA visa blocks payments to Blizzard entertainment (too much identity theft)

WHAT?

That's such a crock. I can't believe they would uniformly block payments to Blizzard. How stupid.

and suggested that I purchase a prepaid card which I did and Blizzard doesn't accept those

If you buy prepaid Wow cards, blizzard should be accepting them. I mean, they put them out!

so unless they have magic powers and can bend the rules I may not be playing WoW which is probably for the best since I have to tear myself away and am finding the whole billing thing frustrating. :D

No no no, you're not allowed to quit yet!

Did you contact their billing/tech support about this? It doesn't sound right to me.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
You can buy prepaid Warcraft cards at Best Buy and what not. I think they work out cheaper as well (they sell them in 2 month chunks for $29 I think).

Okay, Devil's Advocate hat off. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can buy prepaid Warcraft cards at Best Buy and what not. I think they work out cheaper as well (they sell them in 2 month chunks for $29 I think).

I had assumed she was talking about the WoW prepaid cards, but maybe not...?

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
That's what I thought, but Blizzard not accepting them was wierd.

I know you will still need to buy the retail game for $19.99 or whatever it is at now. With that comes 1 month free, then you pay $14.99 per month after that. The game card only pays for the monthly fee, not the actual game.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Comcast fubured my computer install today, they won't be back until Wednesday to hook up my internet...!

Arrrgggggg.

Looks like I'll be scanning for unprotected networks tonight with my wireless network card. *crosses fingers*

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I got lucky on my last move, our neighbor's was wide open. I wasn't in such a rush to get internet with free 10MB down speeds, although I did miss television.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Too much repetition. Do this, go there, level up, with no end in sight. Too much like real life.

That's the problem. And it gets worse. Get far enough, and you wind up running into mass-group scheduling difficulties and worse (think trying to schedule a particular conference room at work with a meeting of 50 people... and then find 50 other people there who won't leave - it generally goes downhill from there). They're more fun casually, with friends you know, I think. But it's easy to get started on the slippery slope to joining the rat race.

yup, i'll go with you. That maze is a little confusing, it's really a 3d maze of sorts... :) I won't be able to go until tonight though, probably around 9-10pm.

Draenai is not really that bad, it's just a straight run on the road to the boat that takes you straight to the docks of Darkshore.

I brought my gnome over to Teldra last night. that was a pain in the bottom, let me tell you -- a longer hike AND with nastier things along the way. I bet the whole run (stopping to get one flight path on the way) took me like 20 minutes or more to make. I got killed before I emerged in the wetlands, and luckily it rezzed me halfway across the zone, then I died AGAIN and materialized right next to the boats, so that was very cool and saved me time, but it was hell on my armor. :(

Oooh, are you gonna be a healer/buffer or a shadowpriest?

Heh, not meaning to pick on you, Jennifer, but this post made me laugh. I'm an old-time/long-time Everquest player, and I'm completely used to hearing and stating things in those terms, but I have *absolutely no idea* what you're talking about :) (other than a few game-neutral terms).

I did load up EQ-for-the-mac last night for the first time... it's odd. There are like 50 people on the single server. Sort of a blast from the past. Not sure I'll stick with it after the free trial thing ends (or even until then). Just not the same.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've been bad :p I got to level 6 on my priest, then realized that my 9 other characters had rest experience, and went to level them o_O

Talent reset tomorrow though! WHOOOO! Mage need some new ice!

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Wow, this patch is 1.2 gigs. Set mine to go all day when I am at work, hopefully it's good to go when I get home.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
How many friggin' patches are we supposed to download? I bought the game, installed it and have been downloading what seems to be patches for hours. Good thing the server is down for maintenance. :devil: