• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Start over with us!

I'm struggling with it. It's not that I don't want to, it's that I already have every class going, and I have this strange attachment to my existing characters :( That, and I haven't seen anyone on since I logged on ;)

You're right though. I should, because it isn't any more fun doing it myself, for sure... I'll just have to put aside my emotional attachment to the server I started on.

The hardest part is not being able to jump onto a soloing character when you don't see anyone on!

SP, how open are the "special pets"? :D There are a few... dragons... I wouldn't mind having around. Cause if so, I'm so going to get a bunch of beast mastery hunters into battlegrounds and blot out the sky with them.

Oh yes... oh yes I am.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My kids' trial account can't connect anymore, even on the other computer. :huh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah. I have a bad habit of wandering around looking for plants and getting killed and I've also gone over a few waterfalls because I wanted to see what was on the other side. Turns out the thing on the other side is certain death. Who knew? Still got about a quarter of the most recent download to go. *sigh*

I don't know if the dwarf landing strip will be open in the next part, but if not, there's a way to get up on top of the mountains and then, besides looking at the great views, going to the dwarf airport even if nothing works up there.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
SP, how open are the "special pets"? :D There are a few... dragons... I wouldn't mind having around. Cause if so, I'm so going to get a bunch of beast mastery hunters into battlegrounds and blot out the sky with them.

Oh yes... oh yes I am.

Here's a link to the new pets you can get:
Petopia: New Pets

And as for starting over, don't feel too bad about abandoning the other characters. I am doing this Blackhand thing as a more casual, killing time sort of thing, and I am loving it. I still have my 70 shaman, 65 hunter and 63 rogue to work on on three different servers as well. I wouldn't see us raiding on Blackhand soon, if at all.

I might be an exception though, I love starting over as much as I can. I never really get bored of these starting areas and quests.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
You'll have to get to at least level 61 to tame him, as the talent to do it is a 51 point talent. It's more gimmicky than anything.

And no, horse lady is always hotter than the night elves :) Especially now with my ponytail.

(oh dear God, I am sad)
She is totally not hotter than Foofarina, but definitely hotter than Mizzy! ;P

About the router thingy, what do you think?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Here's a link to the new pets you can get:
Petopia: New Pets

Nuramoc!? Core Hounds!?

I'm... uhh... yah. I get so enthusiastic over such small thing :cheese:

(10 hunters, 10 nuramocs... what a glorious sight that would be!)

And as for starting over, don't feel too bad about abandoning the other characters. I am doing this Blackhand thing as a more casual, killing time sort of thing, and I am loving it. I still have my 70 shaman, 65 hunter and 63 rogue to work on on three different servers as well. I wouldn't see us raiding on Blackhand soon, if at all.

It's not the characters... its... I don't know. A sense of responsibility to those I have already put time into, worked on. I can't really explain the feeling :) It's like I have to give something up, and I don't know what it is.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Do you think it matters download speed wise if I redirect my routers or will it still take ages to get back online regardless?

Sorry Jen, I missed this.

The router thing shouldn't really make a difference. The Blizzard downloader just sucks ass. I am trying to see if I can find a mirror for the patch somewhere else that would be faster. If I find it I will post it up for you.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
It's not the characters... its... I don't know. A sense of responsibility to those I have already put time into, worked on. I can't really explain the feeling :) It's like I have to give something up, and I don't know what it is.

Oh believe me, I get that too. Just think of it as adding to it, cause you will feel just as much responsibility to this new toon as well once you put some time into it. :)

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Oh believe me, I get that too. Just think of it as adding to it, cause you will feel just as much responsibility to this new toon as well once you put some time into it. :)

You're right, of course.

Alright, I'll do it :p But it'll probably be as a priest, which means I won't be soloing if I can help it :D

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

The router thing shouldn't really make a difference. The Blizzard downloader just sucks ass. I am trying to see if I can find a mirror for the patch somewhere else that would be faster. If I find it I will post it up for you.

You can probably tell if the router is holding you back - if you have a green light and it says "no problems detected", the peer sharing is working and you'll just have to be patient :(

It not, then it will speed things up.

re: Trial accounts - I remember something about this patch interfering with trial accounts, but I can't find it now... maybe I just imagined it, but... Expansion patches are a week-long issue, for sure.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Finished downloading the patch or whatever, then told me I didn't have enough space, so I deleted several Firefly episodes (I have the DVDs now anyway) and went back to it. Here's hoping . . .

That makes sense about the Trial, PT. Maybe that's why it's saying we have 7 more days when there's no way we've only been on three days.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Jennifer! :hug::hug:

The new pets do look cool, but I already have a 66 shaman, 55 warrior, and a 45 paladin I'm working on. :doh: Not too mention my rogue. Might be going to Black Temple tonight, which should be fun.

Maybe I'll just roll another rogue on Blackhand. :coffee: I have enough hybrids I'm trying to level.

Wonder if Varelse is taken?

Edit: Ok, Varelse is taken, but Narica is not. I'm so creative with names. >_>

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4

My husband just suggested finding a mirror for the patch but I have no idea what the hell that is, lol and he's not physically here. He's also telling me to download it on our main pc downstairs and then grab it from somewhere ( I dunno, maybe outta my ass) and put it on the laptop. :huh:

I just wanna play my game. :puppy_dog_eyes:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I just have to ask, is there a reason why blackhand was chosen? It seems to be a very high pop server (as I sit in queue)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I just have to ask, is there a reason why blackhand was chosen? It seems to be a very high pop server (as I sit in queue)
My fault. It didn't seem that full when I initially picked it. :doh: