• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Well, I've gotten the Horseman's Reins on 2 of my 80's so far. Unfortunately, it's the 2 I play the least. Why couldn't my main get one?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Me and my gf: http://s1.directupload.net/images/101026/c6f5uyxx.jpg

We're about to hit 58 tonite and to leave Azeroth :). Our other toons are a 58 mage + warlord and two 75 DK's. We played lotro besides aswell so more chars we aint got. I personally have another 48 rogue, a 60 warlord, a 55 druid and a 38 priest. All with the alliance except for the two we play now and which are in the picture.

R

RDF

I had a level 80 paladin, level 60 DK, level 50 warrior, and a bunch of lesser characters. I didn't get too much into PvP or dungeons; I mainly did PvE and leveling.

Once my paladin hit 80, I closed the account. I was tempted to join a permanent group and do some raiding or something, but the game takes a lot of time and I was looking for a good stopping point. I originally started WoW just to give it a test drive and see what all the noise was about, and I figured I had accomplished that objective once I had a character at 80. :)

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've been playing for about 3 1/2 years. My "main" is an 80 Paladin although sometimes I'll go weeks or months without playing him thanks to my small army of alts.

As big a fan as I am of WoW, I anticipate switching over to Diablo III once it comes out, and I know I can't be the only one in that boat. I wonder what Blizzard's contingency plan is for that little bit of corporate cannibalism...

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Once my paladin hit 80, I closed the account. I was tempted to join a permanent group and do some raiding or something, but the game takes a lot of time and I was looking for a good stopping point. I originally started WoW just to give it a test drive and see what all the noise was about, and I figured I had accomplished that objective once I had a character at 80. :)

Funny. To me the game doesn't even START until you hit 80.

entropie - The tandem names are adorable. Back in BC my boyfriend and I made characters named His and Hers. It was really cute to join instances together and have people be like "OMG I SEE WUT U DID THERE!!!11!!!!"

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm finally trying to do the farming on this second 80 to get swift flight. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time in Stranglethorn.

Next projects: T9 heal set and The Raven Lord mount. I think I'm going to bribe one (or more) of the kids to help me get it.

R

RDF

I'm finally trying to do the farming on this second 80 to get swift flight. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time in Stranglethorn.

Stranglethorn was hands-down my favorite region, and I'm sure that's due to spending so much time there farming herbs for glyph-making. The Barrens probably came in second for much the same reason.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
well my season of wow has finally come to an end ..... after over a week away, I am happy to report that my real life is far more interesting and important than the silly game....

so I guess that means you will all see more of me :wubbie:

and Jen..... :yays:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I am officially done with WoW forgood now, quit again 3 months or so ago and although the game is not at all bad in any way, it just requires too much dedication and time to 'stay on top'. And I'm way too competative to play casual.

I love(d) WoW, but it's not for me.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Stignotic/simple

[It's like alcohol. You enjoy it in the beginning, but when you're maxed out you just want to puke.

Truth.

For me, the quickly burned myself out of the WoW infatuation stage during Burning Crusade, and Wrath and Cataclysm exist(ed) for me as this giant self-perpetuating cycle in which I play only because I've invested too much time to quit, yet I continue to invest more time. The funnest part for me has always been quitting and the coming back grind process of gearing a character from nothing and then getting it to a respectable point once again; This mentality has result in (6) level 85 characters :sadbanana:. I like the game up until the point to where I have to join guilds to progress further and then restart that entire process of dealing with the egos & bureaucracy that entail being in high end raiding guilds.

Also, at this stage in the game, I care so little about the actual game itself, yet I play just because it's an OK time-sink. I'll probably be quitting again here fairly soon.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Stignotic/simple

Truth. For me, the quickly burned myself out of the WoW infatuation stage during Burning Crusade, and Wrath and Cataclysm exist(ed) for me as this giant self-perpetuating cycle in which I play only because I've invested too much time to quit, yet I continue to invest more time. The funnest part for me has always been quitting and the coming back grind process of gearing a character from nothing and then getting it to a respectable point once again; This mentality has result in (6) level 85 characters :sadbanana:. I like the game up until the point to where I have to join guilds to progress further and then restart that entire process of dealing with the egos & bureaucracy that entail being in high end raiding guilds.

Also, at this stage in the game, I care so little about the actual game itself, yet I play just because it's an OK time-sink. I'll probably be quitting again here fairly soon.

lol. I fucking can't stand the leveling process and I hate pet classes with a passion; to this end I only play the game to raid and catch achievements.

I want a fury warrior so fucking bad right now; but I can't seem to commit time to leveling because I enjoy the high level stuff ._."

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol. I fucking can't stand the leveling process and I hate pet classes with a passion; to this end I only play the game to raid and catch achievements.

I want a fury warrior so fucking bad right now; but I can't seem to commit time to leveling because I enjoy the high level stuff ._."

Perhaps I should clarify. I hate the actual leveling process as well(I find it tedious and obnoxious that I'm missing abilities that would make the process so much easier strictly due to my level), I just mean I like when I first hit max level and there's actually stuff for me to do in the game besides sit on top of the Orgrimmar bank running in circles. I've always liked raiding(never could stand PVP), and it's the sole reason I play the game, but more so I can play with a clear direction of what I need to do but without being completely reliant on 9 or 24 other people, which is why I like the gearing up process of badge farming/grinding out crafting materials for crafting gear. When I'm at that point in the game, I'm almost completely self-reliant; Whether or not I get the gear is based is on how much time I invest, and I can see clear rewards for that investment in certain areas, whereas with raids you have to deal with loot systems and things like that which may not directly reward you for your performance.

Also, while in that gearing up process, I like knowing that despite the clear disadvantage of gear in comparison to someone who's gear is better than mine, I can probably match their DPS strictly based on the fact that I'm experienced enough with my character to overcome that hurdle, and it allows me to gauge myself as a player as well as provides optimism that if I'm having this kind of performance with this gear level, it'll only get better when I get better items. It's weird that it's always been like the better my gear gears on my character, the less enthusiasm I have to play, just because there's less to look forward to.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
My Characters :)

Kazajin
Burgerbait
Keslynn

I also have a forsaken warlock (Ejörzsébet) at level 9 but I can't share her until she's level ten apparently. :shrug: coming along though! :) FOR THE HORDE!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still playing Rift (I got my Defiant Champion up to level 43 now, I'd like to at least level out at 50 before stopping), and I just started up CoH again to see my toons, most of which I developed back in 2005.

I forgot what an awesome AoE grinder my ice/fire melee tanker was. There is nothing like running around a zone collecting mobs and/or jumping into a pack of 12+ whites through oranges and just wiping them without a real scare moment. (so occasionally I'll get bored and take out red/purples.)

Maybe I'll cycle back to WoW at some point, not sure yet. I have a good 2+ years invested in that game.

R

RDF

Here she is! My forsaken Warlock, finally past lvl 10 :laugh: hahah

Congrats! Very nice!

I've been away from WoW for a while. I played for a bit after Cataclysm was introduced, but that was many months ago. I've been kind of avoiding it because it's such a time sink. Since then, when I have free time I've been playing around with Grand Theft Auto 4 and Resident Evil 5.

But now I have a family member asking for a demo of WoW, so at some point I'll load the software onto my new computer and resurrect an old character or two. That should be fun--to have an excuse to play WoW again for a bit.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
entropy
Shephardt

Nullifier
Shephart
Shephard

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfElENZAx8g"]For hordies :)[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO2hxaZz2Q8&feature=related"]the gay version for allies :)[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn2ZdTyk0qU&feature=related"]and not to forget:[/YOUTUBE]