• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For some reason, I have never found MMORPGs appealing.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Well SH saved me from Darkshore (thanks again) but now I need to invade the Gnarlpine freaks and get the four things they are guarding. Any volunteers? :smile:

I won't get in there tonight, but I should be in all day tomorrow, the wife is away for the weekend.

I have always hated that Relics of Awakening quest. Hopefully I will catch up to you guys tomorrow, just remember your Hearthstones :)

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Oooh, are you gonna be a healer/buffer or a shadowpriest?

Yah, I got it installed and I'll get on :)

I'll actually be whatever you guys need/is optimal. I already have a char of every class on Draenor, which I'm planning on levelling if I'm not out with you guys, so the class doesn't matter to me at all. I'll avoid hunters - they just don't group well, I find.

My tendency, with multiple druids, is to pick a burst damage character, or a limited down-time character. However, it depends on the styles. Healer -> tanks and rogue (druids in those forms). Mage -> natural druids. Any sort of multi-combination is best served with shamans or paladins though, hmm.

Wait, I'm overthinking this again, aren't I? Ah well :D

What's the general group look like? Any hole I can sometimes fill? :) Planning on doing dungeons?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Too much repetition. Do this, go there, level up, with no end in sight. Too much like real life.
Not one reason, one MMOPRGs or whatever. I don't know what that is.
I'm guessing some kind of game.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Not one reason, one MMOPRGs or whatever. I don't know what that is.
I'm guessing some kind of game.

Massively multiplayer online role playing games.

Everquest, Anarchy online, Asheron's Call, City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Warhammer online, LOTR online...

Those types:)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Massively multiplayer online role playing games.

Everquest, Anarchy online, Asheron's Call, City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Warhammer online, LOTR online...

Those types:)

Oh ok. I don't do games.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Just wanted to put this link up here for the new people playing, it really helps a lot.

Quest Helper

Click on the "Manual Install" button on that page, and it will download a zip file. Open the zip and extract the contents to you C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns directory and you are good to go.

Basically what it does it put waypoints on your map and minimap to show you where you need to go and what you need to do for your quests. It works out the most efficient order to do them based on travel time, your level, and difficulty. It even has a small yellow arrow that points you which way to go.

I never used it before, but after about 30 times through all the same starter areas, it has helped tons and made the grind less grindy.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just wanted to put this link up here for the new people playing, it really helps a lot.

INFIDEL!!!!!

Off with his head.

As far as mix, there were two druids, and I started a gnome warrior (to tank). SP did a hunter (?). So anything else is up for grabs. If one of the druids goes feral, that could be another tank OR a DPS depending on how they branch.

Probably looking for either spellcaster (warlock/mage) or a priest/shaman.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, got my hunter up to 18 over the weekend, just so I could offer some help to those others coming up in level. Spent way too much time in that Relics of Wakening cave this weekend, I was beginning to call it home.

I am shooting (get it, shooting, hunter? lol...) to be 30 by the end of the week, but we'll see how that goes.

I have plenty of gold coming in so far so as soon as people get off their trial accounts I can send anyone money that might need it.

Oh, and keep in mind, there will be a huge patch hitting tomorrow which includes all of the new Wrath of the Lich King talents, and my personal favorite, barber shops :D

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, got my hunter up to 18 over the weekend, just so I could offer some help to those others coming up in level. Spent way too much time in that Relics of Wakening cave this weekend, I was beginning to call it home.

i did that question accompanied by a level 15 hunter friend I met (she was cool), as a level 10 warrior. It was a pain in the butt, mostly because there are four things to find, I always get lost because the tunnels are 3D but the map is 2D, and everything keeps respawning and you have to be careful in what you aggro.

Honestly, I guess it's a good "intro dungeon" for newbs, it teaches you good aggro techniques and teaming methods. You have to be able to stop runners too.

I have plenty of gold coming in so far so as soon as people get off their trial accounts I can send anyone money that might need it.

Cool. The hunter I met was so sweet, she gave me 2g because she liked me and thought I was a nice person. :) I was dying for gear at that point, warriors need good stuff.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I will hang on to any of the nice mail stuff that I get. You are looking for Strength and Stamina stuff right?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will hang on to any of the nice mail stuff that I get. You are looking for Strength and Stamina stuff right?

STA first, then STR and then AGI, yes.
Thanks. :)

mail right now, I can't get plate until 40.

the biggest bummer about doing stuff on a new server is that I can't fund my low-levels with my high level toons.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I was thinking of the same thing. i actually have to work for money now, and it's painful. It's a nice throwback to the beginning days though, and kinda fun. I just grabbed mining and skinning, and the copper is going for 2G per stack, so that will help a bit.

We need a tailor to make us some darn bags, that's been my main hiccup so far; no more bag space.