User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Default In Conversation: Quincy Jones

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quinc...versation.html

This interview is on another level. I don't even care how much of it is true. Normally I would chalk this up to being 85 and not giving a fuck but to my knowledge he's always been this way. Marlon Brando would fuck a mailbox, who says this shit? Anyway read, it's great.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quincy Jones has seen some shit.

Edit: Read part of the interview. I'm not sure whether or not this is just a breath of fresh air to actually see someone answer questions truthfully in this era of overly PC polished interview answers or if he's completely full of it or going senile.
    Likes biohazard liked this post

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hah, are you live tweeting your read @asynartetic?

Dude shits on the Beatles and touts Cream, that sounds right to me, if Quincy knows anything, he knows talent. Yeah, and he definitely is the Weinstein of pop music, or at least one of thousands. Entertainment has always been a racket run by thugs, but with more sex than most rackets. It's nice to hear a bit of history talking, though.

Trump is just telling them what they want to hear. I used to hang out with him. He’s a crazy motherfucker. Limited mentally — a megalomaniac, narcissistic. I can’t stand him.

Are you religious?

No, man. I know too much about it. I knew Romano Mussolini, the jazz piano player, the son of Benito Mussolini. We used to jam all night. And he’d tell me about where the Catholics were coming from. The Catholics have a religion based on fear, smoke, and murder. And the biggest gimmick in the world is confession: “You tell me what you did wrong and it’ll be okay.” Come on. And almost everywhere you go in the world, the biggest structures are the Catholic churches. It’s money, man. It’s fucked up.
    It's fucked up, alright.
    Likes biohazard liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Hah, are you live tweeting your read @asynartetic?

Dude shits on the Beatles and touts Cream, that sounds right to me, if Quincy knows anything, he knows talent. Yeah, and he definitely is the Weinstein of pop music, or at least one of thousands. Entertainment has always been a racket run by thugs, but with more sex than most rackets. It's nice to hear a bit of history talking, though.
    Well, I have heard others say the same things regarding Eric Clapton and Cream and the Beatles. I'm amazed he didn't mention the outright theft Led Zeppelin committed I don't know how many times too.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Richard Pryor’s Widow Says He Had Sex With Marlon Brando - The Daily Beast

“It was the ’70s! Drugs were still good, especially quaaludes. If you did enough cocaine, you’d fuck a radiator and send it flowers in the morning,” she told TMZ.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    I was always more partial to Blind Faith even though they only did one album.

Clapton is a racist who had no qualms about stealing and watering down music that other people played better.
    Why do you say Clapton was racist? Anyway, fuck Clapton, he's as boring as Paul McCartney, though a better guitarist. But, Cream... Cream was anything but watered down.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Well, I have heard others say the same things regarding Eric Clapton and Cream and the Beatles. I'm amazed he didn't mention the outright theft Led Zeppelin committed I don't know how many times too.
    I've reconciled myself with Zep. I used to really like them because they seemed so original, now I kind of like them because they were talented and had good taste in which sounds to steal. I don't think they were particularly unusual in their propensity to, ah, be inspired by others music, but they were unusual in how amazingly successful they were and how much they were credited with originality.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post

I've reconciled myself with Zep. I used to really like them because they seemed so original, now I kind of like them because they were talented and had good taste in which sounds to steal. I don't think they were particularly unusual in their propensity to, ah, be inspired by others music, but they were unusual in how amazingly successful they were and how much they were credited with originality.
    Agreed. And no there was nothing unusual with what they did (obviously) but even the survivors of the original artists didn't pursue anything legal so, who can say really? They absolutely had the best taste in stuff to steal lol.
    Likes Qlip liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Quincy Jones, In Conversation

This interview is on another level. I don't even care how much of it is true. Normally I would chalk this up to being 85 and not giving a fuck but to my knowledge he's always been this way. Marlon Brando would fuck a mailbox, who says this shit? Anyway read, it's great.
    I thought you were younger.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    I thought you were younger.
    Younger than 85? I am.
    Likes Avocado liked this post