• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In Conversation: Quincy Jones

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quincy Jones has seen some shit.

Edit: Read part of the interview. I'm not sure whether or not this is just a breath of fresh air to actually see someone answer questions truthfully in this era of overly PC polished interview answers or if he's completely full of it or going senile.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hah, are you live tweeting your read [MENTION=19700]asynartetic[/MENTION]?

Dude shits on the Beatles and touts Cream, that sounds right to me, if Quincy knows anything, he knows talent. Yeah, and he definitely is the Weinstein of pop music, or at least one of thousands. Entertainment has always been a racket run by thugs, but with more sex than most rackets. It's nice to hear a bit of history talking, though.

Jaguar

Trump is just telling them what they want to hear. I used to hang out with him. He’s a crazy motherfucker. Limited mentally — a megalomaniac, narcissistic. I can’t stand him.

;)

Are you religious?

No, man. I know too much about it. I knew Romano Mussolini, the jazz piano player, the son of Benito Mussolini. We used to jam all night. And he’d tell me about where the Catholics were coming from. The Catholics have a religion based on fear, smoke, and murder. And the biggest gimmick in the world is confession: “You tell me what you did wrong and it’ll be okay.” Come on. And almost everywhere you go in the world, the biggest structures are the Catholic churches. It’s money, man. It’s fucked up.

It's fucked up, alright.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Hah, are you live tweeting your read [MENTION=19700]asynartetic[/MENTION]?

Dude shits on the Beatles and touts Cream, that sounds right to me, if Quincy knows anything, he knows talent. Yeah, and he definitely is the Weinstein of pop music, or at least one of thousands. Entertainment has always been a racket run by thugs, but with more sex than most rackets. It's nice to hear a bit of history talking, though.

Well, I have heard others say the same things regarding Eric Clapton and Cream and the Beatles. I'm amazed he didn't mention the outright theft Led Zeppelin committed I don't know how many times too.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was always more partial to Blind Faith even though they only did one album.

Clapton is a racist who had no qualms about stealing and watering down music that other people played better.

Why do you say Clapton was racist? Anyway, fuck Clapton, he's as boring as Paul McCartney, though a better guitarist. But, Cream... Cream was anything but watered down.

Well, I have heard others say the same things regarding Eric Clapton and Cream and the Beatles. I'm amazed he didn't mention the outright theft Led Zeppelin committed I don't know how many times too.

I've reconciled myself with Zep. I used to really like them because they seemed so original, now I kind of like them because they were talented and had good taste in which sounds to steal. I don't think they were particularly unusual in their propensity to, ah, be inspired by others music, but they were unusual in how amazingly successful they were and how much they were credited with originality.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've reconciled myself with Zep. I used to really like them because they seemed so original, now I kind of like them because they were talented and had good taste in which sounds to steal. I don't think they were particularly unusual in their propensity to, ah, be inspired by others music, but they were unusual in how amazingly successful they were and how much they were credited with originality.

Agreed. And no there was nothing unusual with what they did (obviously) but even the survivors of the original artists didn't pursue anything legal so, who can say really? They absolutely had the best taste in stuff to steal lol.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Quincy Jones, In Conversation

This interview is on another level. I don't even care how much of it is true. Normally I would chalk this up to being 85 and not giving a fuck but to my knowledge he's always been this way. Marlon Brando would fuck a mailbox, who says this shit? Anyway read, it's great.

I thought you were younger.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Younger than 85? I am.

Oh, ok. Humor and hyberbole don’t always translate well on message boards.

I’ll say this: I’ve grown to like your posts, especially when the humor makes it through. I admire how you are a straight shooter and just call things what they are. It’s a lost art in today’s world. Everything is so sugar coated.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Oh, ok. Humor and hyberbole don’t always translate well on message boards.

I’ll say this: I’ve grown to like your posts, especially when the humor makes it through. I admire how you are a straight shooter and just call things what they are. It’s a lost art in today’s world. Everything is so sugar coated.

There is a big difference between railing about PC-ness and following a no bullshit policy you created for yourself. But I appreciate the feedback.