• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Warcraft 3

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm extremely disappointed to the warcraft 3's current affairs. Shortly after the warcraft 3 was launched and it had gained a million+ players, I played it at europe's top 10 level in the year 2004 and enjoyed it. The game hasn't been quite as good since then.

Before, the bad players would usually shut up, or at least they wouldn't get much approval from rest of the players.

Nowadays, it seems all the players want to see the same kind of gameplay in real play as they see on the live feeds; quick, hasty 8 minute games fitting for a broadcast format. I can assure you this game format is completely inappropriate for competitive play. In 4v4 games, a good strategy takes half an hour to execute. 8 minute games, 10 minute games are nothing but a show for those who do not know. Yet, when I'm executing some really good strategies, people are whining at the 8 minute mark, where am I going? They are whining at the 5 second mark. I'm a real god honest pro player and these people refuse to go along with my games because they aren't seeing the kind of gameplay they're used to in the live feeds.

I'm extremely dissapointed to this shit. I'm seeing all the worse players to this game all the time, with more influence from live feeds, broadcasted games all the time. The game skill level has not improved in the last 10 years, it has gotten way worse. It's almost unbelievable to witness this amount of shit at this time, but it's there.

The usual player to this game doesn't play anymore. They watch the games live. They are not players anymore, they are consumers. They watch game shows and give reviews of the shows. It's social media for them. It's just talk and social. Instead of being at top level of the game they strive to be the top commenters who give the most comments, the most thumbed up comments about the games and all that shit. This is just really bad shit for all of us.

Instead of good games we have people commenting on some poor games a really lot, and a lot of coverage over said poor games. Warcraft 3 is nothing of the sort it was 13 years ago.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Sadly this is where certain subsets of games are heading.

I found my nephew the other day watching other people play Minecraft and I could almost tolerate that if the people he was watching were in any way insightful, humorous or giving good advice. Instead it was a series of noises and screaming in a really over the top way at every opportunity to appeal to the lowest common denominator, obviously kids except some of the topics of 'discussion' were extremely explicit.

Maybe one day we'll wake up and find the sad reality that games are now only online and always linked to livestreams and you are forced to metaphorically dance like a monkey to the music box for other's amusement, losing access to the game if you are not entertaining enough.

After all if that angle of entertainment becomes the most profitable one, or rather the main reason people buy the games, then companies will have to follow suit to survive.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ive always loved Warcraft 3 its one of my fave RTS games of all time (Im a RTS game nerd :blush:). Its a game designed very well for both single and multiplayer games and features a lot of innovate features. Im more a single player guy as I like campaigns and testing myself against AIs but I think multiplayer just needs to like hmmm become more about what it was at its roots in that you versus each other in competitive play.