• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Saturday Morning Cartoons, brought to you by the United States Library of Congress

Metis

Happy Saturday Morning, World!!!!!

Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor
LibraryOfCongress
Published on Dec 11, 2017
For more information and to download this film, please visit
Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor | Library of Congress

Wildly popular during the 1930s, Popeye's impact was matched only by Mickey Mouse, his chief rival for cartoon supremacy. This classic by renowned animators Max and Dave Fleischer features lush three-dimensional sets, Technicolor, and was twice the length of normal eight-minute cartoons. Named to the National Film Registry in 2004.
Category Education
License Standard YouTube License

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The old Popeye cartoons are so bizarre and charming to me. I love them.

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Woah, just yesterday I was talking to a friend about Popeye for no seeming reason since I haven't seen the cartoon in quite a while. I was trying to remeber his friends name in English (you know the guy that devours dem hamburgers)
Love the way Popeye talks, his overall attitude is on point haha
Now you made me wonder about his mbti type.:rofl1:
Istp maybe?
Random thought: there's a lot of creative use of violence in these older cartoons.