User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    LGBT

Stay in the present moment...
    I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

Likes Tater liked this post

"Truth, in the great practical concerns of life, is so much a question of the reconciling and combining of opposites, that very few have minds sufficiently capacious and impartial to make the adjustment with an approach to correctness, and it has to be made by the rough process of a struggle between combatants fighting under hostile banners."
    Likes Qlip, The Cat liked this post

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I recalled that among the Ethiopians it is well known that monkeys deliberately do not speak so they will not be obliged to work, and I attributed Argos’ silence to suspicion or fear.
    ▵▵▵
    Likes The Cat liked this post

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

So this is from a really bad web novel I've been reading. I really don't know why, it's really terrible, but I keep coming back to it.

Just to show how bad it is, this is a quote from it.

"A philosopher once said never to step on the cat's tail every few days as the cat will hate you."

The context being the protagonist was throwing (really bad) insults at his enemy, making his enemy enrage and lose his marbles. Hahaha, so bad, so bad.

Why am I reading this crap...

edit: And I mean really bad. Here's one of the insults he threw his enemies way:

"Hey, hey, only women fight with nails. Also, why do you keep such long nails? Aren't you afraid that you'll accidentally poke your brain when you're picking your nose?" Lin Huang felt that his performance was amazing since his insulting skills had reached level 180.

And still I keep going back to it and read newly released chapters.. Why... I don't even.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    LGBT

Stay in the present moment.
    Don't Try so hard.
    Drop your expectations and judgements.
    Surrender.
    Stay in the Present Moment.
    Be more conscious.
    Stay in the Present Moment...
    I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

"The people who are really crazy are those who see everything that is happening around and stay normal"
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes The Cat, Tater liked this post

When human life lay foully prostrate upon the earth, crushed down under the weight of religion... a man of Greece first ventured to lift up his mortal eyes and to confront religion face to face. Neither the story of the gods or thunderbolts or heaven with threatening roar could quell him - they only inflamed the eager courage of his soul, filling him with desire to be the first to burst through the fast bars of nature's portals. Thus, the vivacity of his soul gained the day. He passed far beyond the flaming walls of the world and traversed throughout the immeasurable universe in mind and spirit. From this journey, he returned conqueror to tell us what can, and what cannot, come into being; in short, he returned to tell us what principle each thing has its powers defined, its deepest boundary mark. Therefore religion is put under foot and trampled upon, and his victory brings us level with heaven.

"My being president appears to have literally driven some white people insane."
    Who, if not you. When, if not now.

Likes Tater liked this post

"This is oversimplification. One does not escape that easily from the seduction of an effete way of life. You cannot arbitrarily say to yourself, I will now continue my life as it was before this thing. Success happened to me. But once you fully apprehend the vacuity of a life without struggle you are equipped with the basic means of salvation. Once you know this is true, that the heart of man, his body and his brain, are forged in a white-hot furnace for the purpose of conflict (the struggle of creation)and that with the conflict removed, the man is sword cutting daisies, that not privation but luxury is wolf at the door and that the fangs of this wolf are the little vanities and conceits and laxities that Success is heir to-why , then with this knowledge you are at least in position of knowing where danger lies."

"the man is sword cutting daisies" <3
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Every day is extra means living with the liberating truth of knowing there are worse things than losing an argument or even an election—the worst thing of all would be to waste the gift of an extra day by sitting on the sidelines indifferent to a problem.