User Tag List

Default While you were on socila media?

How to read 200 books a year — Quartz

So would you be persuaded to change your social media habits by this news or what?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    How to read 200 books a year — Quartz

So would you be persuaded to change your social media habits by this news or what?
    Absolutely not, but then I don't do social media.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Absolutely not, but then I don't do social media.
    you dont consider this forum social media? What is social media then?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    you dont consider this forum social media? What is social media then?
    Online sites where you generally post under your real identity, and connect with people you know IRL. As I mentioned elsewhere, people do socialize here, and an online forum is a communication medium, but here the whole is less than the sum of the parts. I see sites like this that feature anonymity and asynchronicity as quite distinct from sites like facebook, linkedin, twitter, etc. which are usually closely linked to RL relationships and activities.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Lightbulb

Well I feel very persuaded by this article to read more books but I don't feel there's any need to change my social media habits (which are weak anyway) for that purpose. If I understood the calculations correctly, I only need to read about 1-2 hours a day to achieve the goal in the article, I could easily extract that from the time I spend on doing practically nothing instead.
    Kind of rude to say TV is "TRASH". There is good stuff on there sometimes. I think, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Online sites where you generally post under your real identity, and connect with people you know IRL. As I mentioned elsewhere, people do socialize here, and an online forum is a communication medium, but here the whole is less than the sum of the parts. I see sites like this that feature anonymity and asynchronicity as quite distinct from sites like facebook, linkedin, twitter, etc. which are usually closely linked to RL relationships and activities.
    I agree about forums like this one having a recognizable difference from more personal less anonymous social media sites, feels weird grouping them together. Though both would be considered a waste of time by the author (and most people) I guess.