User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29,990

    Default While you were on socila media?

    How to read 200 books a year — Quartz

    So would you be persuaded to change your social media habits by this news or what?

  2. #2
    Phase-shifted beam Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    27,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    How to read 200 books a year — Quartz

    So would you be persuaded to change your social media habits by this news or what?
    Absolutely not, but then I don't do social media.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Absolutely not, but then I don't do social media.
    you dont consider this forum social media? What is social media then?

  4. #4
    Phase-shifted beam Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    27,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    you dont consider this forum social media? What is social media then?
    Online sites where you generally post under your real identity, and connect with people you know IRL. As I mentioned elsewhere, people do socialize here, and an online forum is a communication medium, but here the whole is less than the sum of the parts. I see sites like this that feature anonymity and asynchronicity as quite distinct from sites like facebook, linkedin, twitter, etc. which are usually closely linked to RL relationships and activities.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha
    Likes Lark liked this post

  5. #5

    Lightbulb

    Well I feel very persuaded by this article to read more books but I don't feel there's any need to change my social media habits (which are weak anyway) for that purpose. If I understood the calculations correctly, I only need to read about 1-2 hours a day to achieve the goal in the article, I could easily extract that from the time I spend on doing practically nothing instead.
    Kind of rude to say TV is "TRASH". There is good stuff on there sometimes. I think, probably.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Online sites where you generally post under your real identity, and connect with people you know IRL. As I mentioned elsewhere, people do socialize here, and an online forum is a communication medium, but here the whole is less than the sum of the parts. I see sites like this that feature anonymity and asynchronicity as quite distinct from sites like facebook, linkedin, twitter, etc. which are usually closely linked to RL relationships and activities.
    I agree about forums like this one having a recognizable difference from more personal less anonymous social media sites, feels weird grouping them together. Though both would be considered a waste of time by the author (and most people) I guess.

Similar Threads

  1. How would you feel if they found out who you were on typology central?
    By Lily flower in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 07:31 PM
  2. While You Were Sleeping
    By chihuahuasrluv in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 01:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO