• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

While you were on socila media?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you dont consider this forum social media? What is social media then?
Online sites where you generally post under your real identity, and connect with people you know IRL. As I mentioned elsewhere, people do socialize here, and an online forum is a communication medium, but here the whole is less than the sum of the parts. I see sites like this that feature anonymity and asynchronicity as quite distinct from sites like facebook, linkedin, twitter, etc. which are usually closely linked to RL relationships and activities.

xXxXx_wEltschmErz_xXxXx

the manga was better
Well I feel very persuaded by this article to read more books but I don't feel there's any need to change my social media habits (which are weak anyway) for that purpose. If I understood the calculations correctly, I only need to read about 1-2 hours a day to achieve the goal in the article, I could easily extract that from the time I spend on doing practically nothing instead.
Kind of rude to say TV is "TRASH". There is good stuff on there sometimes. I think, probably.

Online sites where you generally post under your real identity, and connect with people you know IRL. As I mentioned elsewhere, people do socialize here, and an online forum is a communication medium, but here the whole is less than the sum of the parts. I see sites like this that feature anonymity and asynchronicity as quite distinct from sites like facebook, linkedin, twitter, etc. which are usually closely linked to RL relationships and activities.
I agree about forums like this one having a recognizable difference from more personal less anonymous social media sites, feels weird grouping them together. Though both would be considered a waste of time by the author (and most people) I guess.