• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to? (Guilty Pleasure Edition)

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Also, this. This shouldn't be here. But it should be. But it shouldn't. But it is. But it really shouldn't be here because it is a legit good song. But, still, it's a guilty pleasure, sorry not sorry song.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

WTF happened to Rob Zombie? Did he just disappear? Rob, if you're out there. Call me, man. I'll buy the beer. Tell me some crazy touring stories. Also, please don't be one of those old rockers that ends up on some VH1 d-list celebrity reality show once the money dries up. You're better than that...(not really, though. You're very much a product of disposable music of your era.)

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't normally get down on Christian family bands, but it's Christmas season, and that dobro is no joke.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Got my "year in Spotify". OMG, what a laugh.

My #1 decade is the 1980's. (shocking)
My #1 group is Toto (I'm in their 0.05% top fans apparently, ROFLMAO.) Not a surprise, last week I actually listened to all their studio album releases in order though.

My #1 song is hilarious and I doubt anyone else shares it. It's pure instrumental, and I listened to it on loop in the first half of the year sometimes because of the mood it evoked, tied into the TV series:

#2: I went on a kick with this song earlier in the year and I had it on loop for a day or two. (But I guess your sins will always find you out.)

#3: After the Love has Gone (Earth, Wind, & Fire)

#4: What a Fool Believes (the Doobie Brothers)

#5: When a Man is Wrong (Seal)

#6 is probably the most respectable song in the bunch (and I had it loop, I remember playing over 20x in a row at one point while out walking):

#7: Steal Away (Robbie Dupre)

#8: The Lady in my Life (Michael Jackson

#9: Arthur's Theme (Christopher Cross)

#10: Panic in the Disco, although they don't really change the cover much... It actually might be the best part of the film, which was kind of a mess and retconning a bit of the original film. (Side note: Now that I am watching the video, they actually used animated footage from the best sequence in the film and NOT from the scenes the song actually is tied to in the film. I guess they knew which scene was the best too.)

For most of this 70-80's stuff, though, I didn't pick the songs specifically -- I was just playing lists that repeatedly had these things in them. The only ones I loaded as singles were #1, #2, #5, #6, and #10.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Weirdly, I was indifferent to this when it first came out. I didn't hate it, though.