• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to? (Guilty Pleasure Edition)

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm starting to realize I low-key like a bunch of basic bitch music.

rav3n

You forced my hand..

No shame, I love this clip. It's one of my fave videos of all time since it's extremely well done to imitate silver screen, particularly the first half. JT nails the body language of the time but puts a hip hop twist to it. How I know is from growing up watching a ton of silver screen since my parents, particularly my father loved them.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Mortal Kombat is definitely one movie that loses it's nostalgia charm if viewed with present day expectations -- Horrendous CGI and middle school theater class caliber acting talent aside, it's a good laugh-at-how-far-cinemas-has-come popcorn flick.

That said, in Hollywood's penchant for re-releasing/rebooting cash grab films, I'm surprised we got a Jumanji reboot (didn't we say everything we needed to say with the original Jumanji film?) yet this was missed.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

With this one, I realize I had terrible parents. I remember asking for and receiving this CD for my birthday when I was like 9 or 10. Seriously, what in the fuck. Why would this request not immediately not be met with a fake ice cream outing proposal that ends with my bewildered facial expression while bypassing a Baskin Robbins and ending with a therapist asking me to kindly take a seat as all my friends and family have gathered in a room, unbeknownst to me. At 9 years old, this request was my unknowing cry for help and attention, and no one batted an eye.

Y'all didn't think it was weird that I was playing with barbies and talking to a motley crew of stuffed animals while having pretend tea parties at 16, you neglectful fucks?

With this one, I realize I had terrible parents. I remember asking for and receiving this CD for my birthday when I was like 9 or 10. Seriously, what in the fuck. Why would this request not immediately not be met with a fake ice cream outing proposal that ends with my bewildered facial expression while bypassing a Baskin Robbins and ending with a therapist asking me to kindly take a seat as all my friends and family have gathered in a room, unbeknownst to me. At 9 years old, this request was my unknowing cry for help and attention, and no one batted an eye.

Y'all didn't think it was weird that I was playing with barbies and talking to a motley crew of stuffed animals while having pretend tea parties at 16, you neglectful fucks?

Lol! Who was your favorite Spice Girl? Mine was Posh.

This will always be my jam.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lol! Who was your favorite Spice Girl? Mine was Posh.

This will always be my jam.

I had a pretty hardcore crush on Baby Spice back in the day. It's only since I've matured that I realize Sporty was the sleeper.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

This song is a very critical component in the MDMA overdose starter pack.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I was actually blasting this song years ago in the car before meeting an ex to break up with her. It was a great warm up.