User Tag List

First 37778586878889 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

Absolutely madly in love with this song. Not actually a guilty pleasure as much as it is self-consciously off-brand.

”We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous.”

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w9 + sp/so + 145(?) tritype (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Vibe Curator & Nap King Burning Paradigm's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird 8118 View Post
    OMG THIS SONG WAS MY JAM WHEN I WAS A KID!
    For years, we had this song on our cassette tape of '90s songs, but I never caught the name because all I remembered was "Japan se le ke Russia, Australia se le ke Americaaaaaaa"
    We can't control what will happen. But, of our ships, let's be the captains.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by General Napissimo View Post
    For years, we had this song on our cassette tape of '90s songs, but I never caught the name because all I remembered was "Japan se le ke Russia, Australia se le ke Americaaaaaaa"
    Haha nice yeah, we got that and a bunch of other songs on cassette tapes (which we still have!). I mostly remembered the song because I would be jumping around singing “Made in India!!!!!”

Which reminds me, there is one song I could never find. It was sometime in the early 2000s when I heard it, it was some ghazal-type song which used to show up a lot on SONY TV’s “Pop Pourri” music program.

I don’t remember any of the words, but I still vaguely recall the music video: it showed a guy who fell in love with a woman but admired her from afar. He would quietly watch her dancing with her friends, or sitting by herself with her legs swinging as she smiled. At one point, she was running in a field of flowers, and at first he thought she was running towards him so he had his arms stretched out... but then she ran past him and instead fell straight into the arms of another guy who she was in love with.

The “story” still sticks out to me as a strange one but the ghazal-type melody behind it was beautiful. I just wish I knew what it was called...
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp

Haha nice yeah, we got that and a bunch of other songs on cassette tapes (which we still have!). I mostly remembered the song because I would be jumping around singing “Made in India!!!!!”

Which reminds me, there is one song I could never find. It was sometime in the early 2000s when I heard it, it was some ghazal-type song which used to show up a lot on SONY TV’s “Pop Pourri” music program.

I don’t remember any of the words, but I still vaguely recall the music video: it showed a guy who fell in love with a woman but admired her from afar. He would quietly watch her dancing with her friends, or sitting by herself with her legs swinging as she smiled. At one point, she was running in a field of flowers, and at first he thought she was running towards him so he had his arms stretched out... but then she ran past him and instead fell straight into the arms of another guy who she was in love with.

The “story” still sticks out to me as a strange one but the ghazal-type melody behind it was beautiful. I just wish I knew what it was called...

I'd ask if it's this song, but this isn't a ghazal type song, haha. Now I want to investigate. Remember any of the lyrics? Or how the tune goes?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I'd ask if it's this song, but this isn't a ghazal type song, haha. Now I want to investigate. Remember any of the lyrics? Or how the tune goes?
    Unfortunately it’s not this one (though it’s also a good nostalgic one!) I wish I could remember at least one word or two...

I do remember that the scene kept going back and forth between the “story” and the singer (who had a full-blown orchestra behind him on a stage). I’ve tried looking for archives of that “Pop Pourri” show as well in the past, but there’s no mention of the show at all that I’ve found yet...
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

"And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"

Who, if not you. When, if not now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@General Napissimo - I’m sure I’ll find that one eventually. (Thanks though!)

In the meantime, guess which one I found from yesteryear during my search on YT?

Likes Burning Paradigm liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp

@General Napissimo - I’m sure I’ll find that one eventually. (Thanks though!)

In the meantime, guess which one I found from yesteryear during my search on YT?

YESSSSSSSSSSS! YES! YES! YES! This song is a staple in Punjabi households, despite the inexplicable Punjabi-Gujarati rivalry (which Punjabis win, ofc )

Bro, absolute fucking jam right here.

Likes Firebird 8118 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

YESSSSSSSSSSS! YES! YES! YES! This song is a staple in Punjabi households, despite the inexplicable Punjabi-Gujarati rivalry (which Punjabis win, ofc )

Bro, absolute fucking jam right here.
    RIIIIIIGHT??? Punjabis know how to PARTY!

Likes Burning Paradigm liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp

RIIIIIIGHT??? Punjabis know how to PARTY!

Indeed, we do. "Bhangra paah oye" is not a phrase to be taken lightly.

Now, I'm going through some old classics myself, haha.

Likes Firebird 8118 liked this post