• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to? (Guilty Pleasure Edition)

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OMG THIS SONG WAS MY JAM WHEN I WAS A KID! :D :heart:

For years, we had this song on our cassette tape of '90s songs, but I never caught the name because all I remembered was "Japan se le ke Russia, Australia se le ke Americaaaaaaa"

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For years, we had this song on our cassette tape of '90s songs, but I never caught the name because all I remembered was "Japan se le ke Russia, Australia se le ke Americaaaaaaa"

Haha nice :D yeah, we got that and a bunch of other songs on cassette tapes (which we still have!). I mostly remembered the song because I would be jumping around singing “Made in India!!!!!” :laugh:

Which reminds me, there is one song I could never find. :( It was sometime in the early 2000s when I heard it, it was some ghazal-type song which used to show up a lot on SONY TV’s “Pop Pourri” music program.

I don’t remember any of the words, but I still vaguely recall the music video: it showed a guy who fell in love with a woman but admired her from afar. He would quietly watch her dancing with her friends, or sitting by herself with her legs swinging as she smiled. At one point, she was running in a field of flowers, and at first he thought she was running towards him so he had his arms stretched out... but then she ran past him and instead fell straight into the arms of another guy who she was in love with.

The “story” still sticks out to me as a strange one :mellow: but the ghazal-type melody behind it was beautiful. I just wish I knew what it was called...

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haha nice :D yeah, we got that and a bunch of other songs on cassette tapes (which we still have!). I mostly remembered the song because I would be jumping around singing “Made in India!!!!!” :laugh:

Which reminds me, there is one song I could never find. :( It was sometime in the early 2000s when I heard it, it was some ghazal-type song which used to show up a lot on SONY TV’s “Pop Pourri” music program.

I don’t remember any of the words, but I still vaguely recall the music video: it showed a guy who fell in love with a woman but admired her from afar. He would quietly watch her dancing with her friends, or sitting by herself with her legs swinging as she smiled. At one point, she was running in a field of flowers, and at first he thought she was running towards him so he had his arms stretched out... but then she ran past him and instead fell straight into the arms of another guy who she was in love with.

The “story” still sticks out to me as a strange one :mellow: but the ghazal-type melody behind it was beautiful. I just wish I knew what it was called...

I'd ask if it's this song, but this isn't a ghazal type song, haha. Now I want to investigate. Remember any of the lyrics? Or how the tune goes?

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'd ask if it's this song, but this isn't a ghazal type song, haha. Now I want to investigate. Remember any of the lyrics? Or how the tune goes?

Unfortunately it’s not this one (though it’s also a good nostalgic one!) :laugh: I wish I could remember at least one word or two...

I do remember that the scene kept going back and forth between the “story” and the singer (who had a full-blown orchestra behind him on a stage). I’ve tried looking for archives of that “Pop Pourri” show as well in the past, but there’s no mention of the show at all that I’ve found yet...

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=40720]General Napissimo[/MENTION] - I’m sure I’ll find that one eventually. (Thanks though!) :D

In the meantime, guess which one I found from yesteryear during my search on YT?

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=40720]General Napissimo[/MENTION] - I’m sure I’ll find that one eventually. (Thanks though!) :D

In the meantime, guess which one I found from yesteryear during my search on YT?

YESSSSSSSSSSS! YES! YES! YES! This song is a staple in Punjabi households, despite the inexplicable Punjabi-Gujarati rivalry (which Punjabis win, ofc :rotfl:)

Bro, absolute fucking jam right here.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
YESSSSSSSSSSS! YES! YES! YES! This song is a staple in Punjabi households, despite the inexplicable Punjabi-Gujarati rivalry (which Punjabis win, ofc :rotfl:)

Bro, absolute fucking jam right here.

RIIIIIIGHT??? Punjabis know how to PARTY!

:party2: