• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Plotholes that ruin movies

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll start:

The Godfather: How can Kay be Michael's girlfriend for so long without knowing that his family is in the mafia? Talk about improbable.

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan: How could Chekov land on the same planet Khan was imprisoned on years ago and not notice? Apparently, to be the best and brightest of Starfleet you have to be thoroughly inept.

Casablanca: Ok, so Humphrey Bogart fought against fascism in Spain, and suddenly he doesn't give a damn about Nazis taking over Europe? Not to mention the fact that his best friend is a collaborationist French policeman. Talk about inconsistent characterization.

Citizen Khan: This guy's a billionaire and he can't afford a new sled? Give me a break.

It's a Wonderful Life: After the angel does his magic, George Bailey's driver's license is gone. Fine, but why didn't his clothes disappear also?

The Empire Strikes Back You're telling me that the elite of the Imperial Fleet can't detect a junky freighter hanging out on the back of THEIR OWN SHIP? This makes the "forgetting how to run in a diagonal line away from a falling spaceship" scene in Prometheus look like a masterpiece of cinema.

Ghostbusters (1984) Right-wing screed about the evils of government regulation.

The Last Temptation of Christ: Not only do the characters talk in a way no modern human would talk, they also fail to talk in biblical Hebrew like the real Jesus would have done. And don't get me started with the bad guy from Spider-Man playing our lord and savior. I guess I missed the part in the gospels where he talked about the necessity of killing Spider-Man. The Green Goblin as Jesus? I THINK NOT!

Animal House: How is a college fraternity able to so brazenly disregard the rules of the campus and not get punished for it? Totally took me out of the movie.

The Two Towers Sam mentions "taters, boil 'em, mash 'em, stick em in a stew" but potatoes didn't exist in medieval England.

Dr. Strangeglove: This shows James Earl Jones piloting a bomber, but it's the early 60s and segregation was still a thing.

Raiders of the Lost Ark: The movie shows Indiana Jones fighting Nazis, but it's supposed to take place in 1936. World War II didn't start until 1941. Looks like you need a history lesson, Mr. Lucas!

Include your own!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ms. Doubtfire: Next time Robin Williams, stick with a sex! Nothin against transgender people, but this movie was too confusing. Who can grasp this pretentious, arthouse garbage?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ms. Doubtfire: Next time Robin Williams, stick with a sex! Nothin against transgender people, but this movie was too confusing. Who can grasp this pretentious, arthouse garbage?

Ms. Doubtfire: Dear Miranda (Sally Field), you didn't think it was strange your elderly nanny had the shoulders of an NFL linebacker and a bulging Adam's apple? You left this person with your kids and didn't even bother to actually check their references?!?!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ghostbusters 2016: Left-wing screed about the evils of men.
Blues Brothers: Not as topical and relevant as Blues Brothers 2000.
The Last Jedi: Kylo Ren shirtless was distracting and unnecessary, as well as destructive to the wholesome American values I cherish in Donald Trump. Sexy costumes as fanservice? Not in my Star Wars!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Star Trek (2009): Picard never shows up.
Star Trek: First Contact: Kirk never shows up.
Star Trek Generations: Too much Kirk and Picard, not enough emphasis on other members of the crew.
Return of the Jedi: Somehow the most powerful force user in the galaxy never notices a GIANT creeping up behind him to throw into a pit.
Jackie Not enough reptillians.
National Treasure Too many reptillians.
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: Too much gambling.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Batman 1989: Not enough emphasis on the significance of the name Martha.
Superman 1978: Not enough emphasis on the significance of the name Martha.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Blade Runner: Edward James Olmos, stand and deliver me from this movie.
Scream: About how bad this movie is. Killing the Fonz is unforgivable.
I know what you did last summer.: WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? This movie to be over.
Varsity Blues: Paul Walker, but not Vin Diesel?! Bogus, man. What about family?
Twister: Sister, never know how much I missed yer.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Batmam V Superman: Bruce: "Wait... How did Lex Luther deduce my secret identity to instigate conflict superman?"

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jumanji: Sarah Whittle: "Alan, this game seems boring. Can't we just play monopoly instead?

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
The Two Towers Sam mentions "taters, boil 'em, mash 'em, stick em in a stew" but potatoes didn't exist in medieval England.

Who said anything about medieval England ??
I mean there are fellbeasts and trolls in middle earth, but you wonder about potatoes ?

Apocalypto : Columbus shows up 200 years early.

Bad Boyz 2 : when the plot has hopelessly derailed, blame everything on Castro.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why did Luke not take his new lightsaber into Jabba's Palace? He could've easily ended that situation right there in Jabba's throne Room. I understand he was taking the Jedi path, allowing Jabba a chance to resolve things peacefully, but then he allows the situation to get to a point where most of Jabba's employees are either blown up or eaten by space anus monster anyway. Some of those guys were just average joes working for Jabba to support their families on Tatooine. How many orphans and widows did Luke make that day? Sad! Jedi really are the shit-fucker-uppers. Everytime they appear to "negotiate," a lot of shit gets blowed up and countless droid/trooper/space mafia lives are ended.

Why did Quint allow himself to be eaten by the shark? Seasoned shark hunter, yet suddenly no match for Jaws? Incompetent.

Why does Spock whine like a bitch when he tries to meld with the giant floating space Ilia?

How does space orphan Alexander grow up so fast? We see him at like 4 years old, even though Worf just boned his space ex less than 2 seasons ago, then when we see him a few seasons later on Deep Sex Nine, he's already all grown up.

Why doesn't Picard give two shits about the other damaged starships? He beams Worf over but doesn't seem to worry about potential survivors on other ships that are damaged and possibly on the verge of explosion. And how is the Defiant, touted as the ultimate weapon against the Borg, incapacitated so swiftly and easily, even while other less badass ships are still flying around?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why does Kirk say the space Viking Mongols don't take prisoners, then in the next movie Space Doc Brown says he wants prisoners? Is Kirk lying and being a racist?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why does Jason drown as a kid and somehow magically grow up into a full grown retarded mountain man?

Theory: Jason's demonic spirit just took over some random hillbilly.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
why do new sam rockwells keep magically appearing in Moon? We all love and can't get enough of sam Rockwell, but this isn't fantasy, folks.

how does kevin spacey narrate if he is already dead?

how does han make the kessel run in less than 2 parsecs? does he not understand basic measurements and space stuff?

how did Bond change into the tux so quickly in the man with the golden gun? was there some dressing room in the funhouse? the fantasy island midget had security cams, wouldn't he see roger moore changing?

- - - Updated - - -

Why doesn't ET just murder the government spooks with his mind powers?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how does kevin spacey narrate if he is already dead?

how does han make the kessel run in less than 2 parsecs? does he not understand basic measurements and space stuff?

Why doesn't ET just murder the government spooks with his mind powers?

These are not plot holes.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

- - - Updated - - -

Why did Luke let the Emperor electrocute him? Was he seeking attention?