• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bills fans raise $170k and counting for Bengals' QB's Charity

Beorn

Permabanned
I thought I would post some good news.

Bengals QB Andy Dalton on donations from Bills fans: "I can't say thank you enough" - CBS News

A winning touchdown pass by Cincinnati Bengals' Andy Dalton has turned the quarterback into a hometown hero in Buffalo. As a thank-you for helping snap their 17-year playoff drought, Buffalo Bills fans flooded the Andy & Jordan Dalton Foundation, with many donating exactly $17.

"It's a crazy story to think that -- obviously for me, playing for the Bengals -- winning a game to help them get to the playoffs, and there's a whole different fan base donating to our foundation," Dalton told "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor.

Dalton said the foundation has received more than $170,000 in donations from 7,000 donors since the Bengals beat the Baltimore Ravens 31-27 on Sunday. Dalton's dramatic 49-yard touchdown pass with 44 seconds left to eliminate the Ravens.

I've been a Bills fan since the Doug Flutie era just as the playoff drought began in the late 90s. I probably shouldn't let a sports franchise impact me so much, but it's been many years of frustration being a Bills fan particularly the last couple of years with Rex Ryan as a coach. So I definitely donated $17 dollars to Dalton's foundation which is the absolute least I could do.

Bills fans have one of the worst reputations in the league for their behavior, but I think this is a good lesson that people you look down on can still have big hearts and want to make the world a better place (remember many of these people are Trump deplorables). This desire to contribute to charity didn't come out of nowhere. The #BillsMafia which arose as an enforcer group on twitter quickly turned into a charity once they gained some fame. I'm not from Buffalo, but from a more uppity western NY sister city, but I really do admire the city and it's people.

Here's the play:

And the Bills locker room response:

I had the same response :)

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know Rex Ryan didn't deliver much success for Buffalo, but seriously, how can anyone dislike Rex? He's arguably the most quotable coach ever. I wish I was in a managerial position so I could end a meeting with "Now let's go eat a goddamn snack!"

There's a good chance you guys will make it out of the Wildcard match (Jaguars has been real inconsistent, albeit showing signs of absolute dominance defensively). I kinda hope the Bills go on a tear in the playoffs, yet I STRONGLY doubt that's what will happen.

Beorn

Permabanned
I know Rex Ryan didn't deliver much success for Buffalo, but seriously, how can anyone dislike Rex? He's arguably the most quotable coach ever. I wish I was in a managerial position so I could end a meeting with "Now let's go eat a goddamn snack!"

LOL. Yeah, he's entertaining... when he's not fucking up your team.

There's a good chance you guys will make it out of the Wildcard match (Jaguars has been real inconsistent, albeit showing signs of absolute dominance defensively). I kinda hope the Bills go on a tear in the playoffs, yet I STRONGLY doubt that's what will happen.

We definitely can beat the jaguars. But, yeah, we'll have to play the patriots after that. :(

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
LOL. Yeah, he's entertaining... when he's not fucking up your team.

He's a great defensive coordinator -- Head Coach? Not so much.

We definitely can beat the jaguars. But, yeah, we'll have to play the patriots after that.

All roads to the Superbowl go through Foxboro in regards to the AFC. Plus it seems like the NFL officials are committed to seeing Tom Brady get his 6th ring (some absolute dogshit calls that always seem to benefit the Patriots this year). Nothing would bring me more joy than to see Pittsburgh beat New England in Foxboro.

Beorn

Permabanned
He's a great defensive coordinator -- Head Coach? Not so much.

I'll give him that... when he's working within his preferred system.
He took our top defense and squeezed them into a system that didn't work for them because that's all he knows. It's fine if he wants to do things his way. The head coach is entitled to that. But you can't push squares into round wholes. So, yeah, part of the reason why he's not qualified to be a head coach is because he's not willing to make tough personnel decisions early on. I have my issues with McDermott but as a Rookie Head Coach he had a vision for what he wanted for the defense even though we were already pretty damn good by that point. But, he was willing to ship out players (and some of our best) right away that didn't fit that vision so that he could start building the team that he wanted. And it's worked extremely well. White is a Rookie CB Pro-bowler and arguably our free agent pick up Safety Jordan Poyer (who caught the game ending interception last sunday) should be in the pro-bowl as well.

That takes balls.
Rex is all hat and no cattle.

All roads to the Superbowl go through Foxboro in regards to the AFC.

Right, but we're bottom seed so our road through them is sooner rather than later. But hey we get them off a week bye so who knows maybe we catch them with by surprise. Our defense has been able to hold them in the 1st half of the past two games, but we failed to keep our composure and Belichick is damn genius at second half adjustments.

Plus it seems like the NFL officials are committed to seeing Tom Brady get his 6th ring (some absolute dogshit calls that always seem to benefit the Patriots this year). Nothing would bring me more joy than to see Pittsburgh beat New England in Foxboro.

Lol. Ikr, i really hated all that bs talk after the halftime call in our last match-up. "Bill's should have played better in the second half" and shit like that. Ofc a team should be mentally tough and be able to rebound, but that doesn't change the fact that a bs call is going to impact not only the scoreboard but the minds of the players as well as how each team approaches the game coming out of the half.