• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I cannot and will not believe this...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What you're about to see here will shock you.

That's right, Bratz: The Movie.

Those ridiculous dolls with Down syndrome got a live action adaptation before Barbie!

And I had a cast list semi-planned out for a Barbie movie:

• Jessica Simpson as traditional Barbie.
  • Beyonce or Halle Berry as black Barbie.
  • Christina Ricci as Goth Barbie.
  • Britney Spears as skinhead Barbie.
  • Devon Aoki as Asian Barbie (she was also the chick in 2 Fast 2 Furious with the pretty pink car and also my favorite character in Sin City).
  • And, of course, Paris Hilton as Jailbird Barbie.

What a shame. I guess I'll have to once again pick up the pieces of my shattered life. :(

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I saw the posters for Bratz in the movie theater last week. I was a little horrified; I've had nightmares about Bratz dolls taking me to a salon where they force a makeover on me that I end up loving and begin to question my good taste and sanity.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Another thing scary about this movie is the actors don't have big heads!!!

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why isn't my high school exciting like this?

Opivy1980

MBTI Type
INTJ
Parents who let their children see things like "Bratz" should be sterilized and have their children taken away from them. Things like that are the reason why US citizens are losing their status in the world. At least Rome killed prisoners for amusement, that at least thinned the population compared to the stupid slut society creating more people who in turn grow up to be stupid sluts and so on and so on.

curmudgeon

I have never seen a Bratz doll, but I cannot believe I watched even part of that preview. My eyes!

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Parents who let their children see things like "Bratz" should be sterilized and have their children taken away from them. Things like that are the reason why US citizens are losing their status in the world. At least Rome killed prisoners for amusement, that at least thinned the population compared to the stupid slut society creating more people who in turn grow up to be stupid sluts and so on and so on.

Not that I don't agree with you to an extent, but dude, you certainly do make some strong claims. Normally I'd blame this on youth, but I'm guessing you were born in 1980, which makes you a year older than me.

Opivy1980

MBTI Type
INTJ
Not that I don't agree with you to an extent, but dude, you certainly do make some strong claims. Normally I'd blame this on youth, but I'm guessing you were born in 1980, which makes you a year older than me.

I don't believe in coddling people because it's politically correct to value all people's opinions and so on. People need to be resolute enough to admit when something is a detriment to society and not just, a difference of opinion. The shallow, vapid society that is being created by shows such as this, are a clear indication of a society in decline, that is why I compared it to Roman decline. I do know history, that was my major in college, so you can blame my "claims" on youth but I am saying something that has clear ties to how a society functions.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

How I concur with your view. I have found a simple solution for the immigration infestation right here.

Do you not think we could apply this tactic to other circumstances?

Opivy1980

MBTI Type
INTJ
How I concur with your view. I have found a simple solution for the immigration infestation right here.

Do you not think we could apply this tactic to other circumstances?

My idea for immigration is a 12 foot thick concrete wall, that is 15 feet in the ground, and about 15 ft high as well, with barb wire and land mines, and gun turrets on it. Then in one location a processing center like the one on Ellis Island during the industrial revolution. That way some immigration would still occur and yet most would be stopped instantly.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My idea for immigration is a 12 foot thick concrete wall, that is 15 feet in the ground, and about 15 ft high as well, with barb wire and land mines, and gun turrets on it. Then in one location a processing center like the one on Ellis Island during the industrial revolution. That way some immigration would still occur and yet most would be stopped instantly.
Wouldn't the land mines damage the wall when they went off?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Your brilliant ideas are making me jealous. :mad:

Oh, look, here's an immigrant trying to get over the wall! :peepwall:

Opivy1980

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wouldn't the land mines damage the wall when they went off?

They're further away from the wall the gun turrets are for close range. The wall wouldn't be exactly on the border but the land mines would. Like a 20 yard difference.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I don't believe in coddling people because it's politically correct to value all people's opinions and so on. People need to be resolute enough to admit when something is a detriment to society and not just, a difference of opinion. The shallow, vapid society that is being created by shows such as this, are a clear indication of a society in decline, that is why I compared it to Roman decline. I do know history, that was my major in college, so you can blame my "claims" on youth but I am saying something that has clear ties to how a society functions.

I don't believe in coddling people either. I just think that extreme views are not only fucking scary as shit, but also usually wrong (I am leaving "wrong" intentionally open to interpretation). You have some crazy extraverted feeling going on there.

The comparison of Rome and America's declines is not exactly a new idea--which is not to say it is an incorrect idea... it's just not *your* idea. Sure, I think we're in a decline. I don't approve of Bratz movies or Paris Hilton being a role model for young girls. I also don't think that it would improve our country's moral fiber to institute any kind of eugenics program. (I also think that we're losing status in the world because of shit like, oh, I don't fucking know, saying 'fuck you' to the UN, that sort of thing. Not that I'm trying to start a political conversation, or anything... I'm just saying that there are some things that are worse than vapid TV for little girls that might be more rapidly and steadily leading to the United States' doom.)

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Yeah--vapid TV for adults is much worse.

Like Oprah, for instance. And that "The Secret" nonsense.

:peepwall:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, the more idiots we have in this country, the closer I am to starting my own little Fourth Reich! :)