• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Metal music for a beginner?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know if anyone has suggested Tool yet, but Tool was my beginner metal, back in the day. Really atmospheric and moody and complex - great stylist variety from album to album, and song to song. Not to mention really interesting philosophical subject material.

Start with their greatest hits, then if you like those, try "Lateralus" and "10,000 Days".

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The video is unavailable :(
Look up neurosis "through silver and blood" on youtube, all of their albums are excellent but that one is a good representation to get an idea of their scope. Enjoy!

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know if anyone has suggested Tool yet, but Tool was my beginner metal, back in the day. Really atmospheric and moody and complex - great stylist variety from album to album, and song to song. Not to mention really interesting philosophical subject material.

Start with their greatest hits, then if you like those, try "Lateralus" and "10,000 Days".

Thank you so much for these! I've listened to all of them and even some more. These are wonderful songs.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Look up neurosis "through silver and blood" on youtube, all of their albums are excellent but that one is a good representation to get an idea of their scope. Enjoy!

I just experienced an eargasm. Thanks!

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
My favorite bands are Megadeth, Tool & System of a Down.

And this is the best solo ever.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My favorite bands are Megadeth, Tool & System of a Down.

And this is the best solo ever.

That is so sick!

I haven't listened to Megadeath and System of a Down. Do you have any recommendations of their tracks? I'll be sure to check them out.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Metal music is the best. I used to think I'm one of those people that don't like music but now I realize I've been listening to the wrong genre. I have listened to every single track posted on this thread. I like most of them. I'm really grateful to all those who have posted here. Thank you for providing me with such good music.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Since you seem to have become fond of the shredding guitar solos scorching face-melter style, here's some Heavy Metal stuff that might feed your first born curiosity:

Goosebumps.

And don't you dare put this as your ringtone.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since you seem to have become fond of the shredding guitar solos scorching face-melter style, here's some Heavy Metal stuff that might feed your first born curiosity:

Goosebumps.

And don't you dare put this as your ringtone.

Thank you so much!!! The music is awesome!

Miaumi

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you want dark music,metal is likely not at all what youre looking for

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
For good melodic metal that's accessible I think these two bands (which share a guitar player between them) are a good start. Both Finnish bands.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tend to go for funeral doom metal, melodic metal, or folk metal. My favorite metal band of all time is Type O Negative though. They have a vast selection you can look up on Youtube if you're interested. Peter also had his band Carnivore if you like harsher, trash-metal.

Here are just a few of my favorites (hopefully you'll find something your like!):