• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

M.C. Escher

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
:wub:

He is, and has been, my favorite artist since I was a kid.

I'm just curious to see if there are any other fans out there, and if so, please explain why his work speaks to you.

Excerpted from the introduction of, "M.C. Escher: The Graphic Work", Escher reveals a bit about himself in stating that:

All the numbered reproductions in this book were made with a view to communicating a specific line of thought. The ideas that are basic to them often bear witness to my amazement and wonder at the laws of nature which operate in the world around us. He who wonders discovers that this is in itself a wonder. By keenly confronting the enigmas that surround us, and by considering and analyzing the observations that I had made, I ended up in the domain of mathematics. Although I am absolutely innocent of training or knowledge in the exact sciences, I often seem to have more in common with mathematicians than with my fellow artists.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
e19.jpg

reptiles.jpg

esc-e55.jpg

sleeptowin

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would'nt say that he is my favourite artist, but I've always found his work very interesting and enjoyable to look at.

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i love his work even when it has been so popularized. i like his themes but even more his technique and materials.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Have loved his work ever since I laid eyes on the giant book of prints my father showed me when I was a kid. I love the mathematical precision his works exude while they are simulataneously coupled with the seemingly impossible. Some of his stuff is a serious mental puzzle to try to figure out how things are actually working in the artwork.

Like this one:

300px-Escher_Waterfall.jpg