• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chicago Cubs

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
For the good of all mankind, it's vitally important that the Cubs do not win the World Series. Thankfully, the Dodgers are doing their job, so far. :static:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it would be cool to see the Cubs finally win. It would certainly be better than the Red Sox again.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
What about the White Sox ?

* Does obligatory "Hurray for my city" dance and flag/logo wave. "Whooo" etc. *

MBTI Type
INTJ
For the good of all mankind, it's vitally important that the Cubs do not win the World Series. Thankfully, the Dodgers are doing their job, so far. :static:

Seconded! As a Phillies fan living in Los Angeles, I would like the Dodgers to win so that I could potentially attend an NLCS game. (On the same note...go Angels!)

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I have a fantasy where I go to Wrigley field dressed like Bartman and sit in the left field seats, right along the edge of the field. At a critical point in the game, I reach out and snatch a ball from the grasp of the Cubs left fielder. The crowd boos, then threatens. I tear open my shirt, revealing a Cardinals jersey and I'm torn apart by hundreds of angry Cubs fans.

[YOUTUBE="EUIFE6WISY8"]Steve Bartman Incident[/YOUTUBE]

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just because a Cubs victory may very well indicate the coming end of the world doesn't mean that I'm any less excited about thier success this season *knocks on wood*

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am going to Game 2 of Phillies-Brewers tonight. I am very pumped. It will be entertaining win or lose, because Brett Myers will either dominate like Hamels did in Game 1. . . or he will have an epic meltdown. I hope for Mrs. Myers' sake, he gets the W.

Dodgers: keep it up! Phillies-Dodgers is the NLCS I was hoping for.

P.S. Brett Myers wifebeating joke: hilarious or too much?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Just because a Cubs victory may very well indicate the coming end of the world doesn't mean that I'm any less excited about thier success this season *knocks on wood*

before this I didn't care who won. But if it means the end of the world and then I don't ever have to be a productive member of society...Go Cubs!! :woot:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I suppose you're right. Winning the division is a major accomplishment for that organization.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm still pissed off about the 2003 season :dry:

I think that it's about time that dedicated Cubs fans get thrown a bone!

FUCK OFF AND DIE STEVE BARTMAN!!!!!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm still pissed off about the 2003 season :dry:

I think that it's about time that dedicated Cubs fans get thrown a bone!

FUCK OFF AND DIE STEVE BARTMAN!!!!!

I find it bitterly hilarious when a non-Philadelphian complains that his or her city never gets a break sports-wise.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I beleive that the Cubs fans have the right to whine- we have the longest dry spell in all of professional sports :cry:

Seriously- they've more than regained thier sports second virginity! :(

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Cubs fans do have a right to whine. Their tears feed my soul.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
damn you Cardinals fans.... you're all evil, I should know. My sis betrayed the family's Cubs fandom and followed her man into the Cardinals camp :dry:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I beleive that the Cubs fans have the right to whine- we have the longest dry spell in all of professional sports :cry:

Seriously- they've more than regained thier sports second virginity! :(

At least you've had the Bulls and Bears in the last 25 years. There hasn't been a world championship in the four major team sports in Philadelphia since I was 9 months old. I want a freaking parade.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
At least you've had the Bulls and Bears in the last 25 years. There hasn't been a world championship in the four major team sports in Philadelphia since I was 9 months old. I want a freaking parade.

Basketball sucks, and I have the misfortune of being surrounded by Colts fans, who rub in the Super Bowl victory whenever they get a chance... and don't even MENTION that the Sox got a win a while back :steam:

I think it's definitley about time for the Cubs to win!

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
damn you Cardinals fans.... you're all evil, I should know. My sis betrayed the family's Cubs fandom and followed her man into the Cardinals camp :dry:
I actually hope the Cubs win a few games this postseason. I'm hoping they come within a strike of making it to the World Series before blowing it in typical Cubs fashion. Perhaps it could be another Bartman. Maybe a black cat will run out on the to the field. Maybe they'll just choke.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually hope the Cubs win a few games this postseason. I'm hoping they come within a strike of making it to the World Series before blowing it in typical Cubs fashion. Perhaps it could be another Bartman. Maybe a black cat will run out on the to the field. Maybe they'll just choke.

you are a .... horrible... person! I'll be inhabiting the drunk thread for a week to make up for having my soul crushed if that happens! :(