• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Voice Actor June Foray Passes at Age 99

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
June Foray: Voiced Natasha, Rocky the Squirrel in Bullwinkle Cartoons | Variety

Lengthy decent bio/obit piece.

With all the other crap swamping the news this past week and me no longer scanning FaceBook, I missed this announcement from Thursday.

June was pretty amazing. Most people have heard of voice actor Mel Blanc but might not know who she was, although she was at least comparable if not more accomplished than Blanc. (He is reported as saying that as well -- that when someone called June "the female Mel Blanc," he said actually he was "the male June Foray.")

She was very active in the arts and pushing for new recognition for animation as well as doing a ton of voice acting work over the years, including anything from Rocky in the original "Rocky and Bullwinkle" cartoons and Cindy Lou Who from the original "The Grinch Whole Stole Christma" to work on many of Stan Freberg's comedy recordings and the character of "Witch Hazel" from Warner Brothers. Even at her age, she had continued to do work within the last decade. Her eventual passing was not unexpected but still sad... some of the work she did is stuff that I was into when I was very young and her voice could sometimes be distinctive. I would be listening to an album or watching a show and suddenly laugh and say to myself, "Oh, that was June."