• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You only get 3 albums for the rest of your life

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What are your 3?

1. A Fever You Can't Sweat Out by Panic! at the Disco
2. Dive by Tycho
3. JPN by Perfume

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about double albums? Do they count as one album or two? Do box sets count as 1 album? What if I have a shitload of albums burned to a DVD or BluRay disc; does the disc count as one album then?

Talk about a small desert island list. Usually I see people doing lists for 5 or 10 albums. You're not making this easy :tongue10:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What about double albums? Do they count as one album or two? Do box sets count as 1 album? What if I have a shitload of albums burned to a DVD or BluRay disc; does the disc count as one album then?

Talk about a small desert island list. Usually I see people doing lists for 5 or 10 albums. You're not making this easy :tongue10:

Follow the rules!!!! :ranting: #SJ :p

Okay here: If it was one 'release' then it counts as an album. Even if it has like 5 or 10 discs. Best albums count as 1 album. Burned CDs do not count. 3 only!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Follow the rules!!!! :ranting: #SJ :p

Okay here: If it was one 'release' then it counts as an album. Even if it has like 5 or 10 discs. Best albums count as 1 album. Burned CDs do not count. 3 only!

I could cheat and say something like the Bowie Who can I Be Now? Box set which is technically one release but contains like 6 or 7 albums within it. Shit, if I include the Five Years box set too, that's like over half of his 70's discography (live albums, studio albums, rarities) and with the loophole I've exploited in your SJ rules :ninja:, it all would only count as two albums :biggrin::smoke::headphne:

But I'll be fair and think of actual albums, so this will take some thought. I found one of my desert island lists from a few years ago and immediately hated most of it. I would worry that the 3 albums I chose would not sustain me for the rest of my life

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Billy Bragg & Wilco - Mermaid Avene
Townes Van Zandt - Our Mother The Mountain

1. Dark Side of the Moon- Pink Floyd
2. Within the Realm of a Dying Sun- Dead Can Dance
3. Music for the Masses- Depeche Mode

Man 3 albums for life? Cruel very cruel.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Dark Side of the Moon- Pink Floyd
2. Within the Realm of a Dying Sun- Dead Can Dance
3. Music for the Masses- Depeche Mode

Man 3 albums for life? Cruel very cruel.

I detected a good musical taste here. hmm.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd have a hard time picking one Floyd album to take. Sometimes I'm in an Animals mood, other days I want Saucerful or WYWH. I'd probably take WYWH as I think it's the most balanced of their albums and assuming I'd be on some desert isle, I think it would be a little less of a downer than Animals and Saucerful.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gravel & Wine - Gin Wigmore
T.N.T. - AC/DC (yeah yeah, cliché)
Moonshine in the Trunk - Brad Paisley

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3...ouch. I have to go with variety rather than favorites.

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Alison Krauss & Union Station - Paper Airplane
Chris Cornell - Higher Truth

Runner Up:

Cassandra Wilson - New Moon Daughter

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant