• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Twin Peaks

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Anyone else watching the new season on Showtime? Just finished the first 4 that were posted at launch. Loving it sooooo much. First double-episode gave me the creeps. Any ideas what the glass case is about? I have a theory or two...

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Come on, nobody here is watching the new season? I feel like it's en route to be a timeless mini series, though I can see it not catching on until after it's released in full on DVD or Netflix.

How it addressed and resolved the season 2 cliffhanger has yet to be entirely seen, but what we have seen so far and the implications it offers are absolutely stomach churning terrifying.

I wonder if dark cooper raped Audrey Horne in a coma and that's how we have that psycho asshole dude that's listed as a Horne in the credits.

I also can't get over how freaky dark cooper is. Dale Cooper was such an iconic and incredible character that balanced immense skill and instinct and spiritual guidance with a relentless optimism and moral code and sort of childish sense of wonder- that seeing it portrayed by an evil doppelganger that maintains all of the skill and instinct and spiritual guidance, but replaces the rest with a sinister and maelovant hate, is just so incredibly GAHH.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
twin-peaks-kyle-maclachlan.jpg

418A5EC000000578-4616962-image-a-2_1497857437851.jpg

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok. Damn. Wish I knew about this earlier. So no ones watching because to get this season they do have to understand 90's series.

Anyway, I won't do spoiler tags because f*ck it.
[MENTION=20035]anticlimatic[/MENTION] throw me a bone to bite on. Let's get this rolling

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Ok. Damn. Wish I knew about this earlier. So no ones watching because to get this season they do have to understand 90's series. Anyway, I won't do spoiler tags because f*ck it. [MENTION=20035]anticlimatic[/MENTION] throw me a bone to bite on. Let's get this rolling
Well halle-fuckin-lujah!

Start me with the basics. What do you think of the new season compared to the 90s series? I didn't watch fire walk with me until a few episodes into the new season because by the time I finished the series I was too disappointed in the unresolved cliffhanger to care about any prequel. The one thing I took away from it was one of the most brief yet disturbing lines I've ever heard in a movie. After Laura figures out that it had been her father sneaking into her room at night both he and bob offer a response in sequence: "I thought you knew it was me; I didn't know you knew it was me." Dark freaky shit. I was also very surprised to see Chris isaak acting but he really seems to fit lynches music bill.

I also wasn't really sure how the whole inhabiting spirit thing worked. I don't think it's necessarily like a complete possession, but more like an influence over someone's motives and behavior. What do you think?

So much of the show feels very 90s gen X to me. I know lynch loves his 50s era Americanna, but I almost get the impression that he now holds a similar fondness for the 90s era too. Laura Dern, smoking, kids marrying young doing drugs and living in a trailer. Living for experiences, seldom erring on the side of caution. That evil Horne kid menacingly grabbing that young girl in the bar while her friends look on. Maybe it's just me.

Also, I'm feeling really tense and wound up watching this series at this point- like I've been fucking for 50 minutes and really need to blow, but lynch keeps grabbing my balls and shaking his head. His long drawn out shots, the long drawn out wait before reintroducing Audrey (my fav female from the original), the long drawn out wait before bringing cooper back (though he's had his coffee and pie by this point at least- I miss his razor sharp intellect. I can't take the dougie stare anymore!). I feel like the lady in the car honking her car horn at the show right now- which I suppose may be deliberately saying something about my lack of patience. Creepiest scene I've seen in a long time.

Last note- the recent reunion scene with bobby and his mother, calling back to the conversation major Briggs had with bobby about his happy future in the original series really choked me up. Loved major Briggs. I feel like if I had a spirit animal in the show it would be him.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Start me with the basics. What do you think of the new season compared to the 90s series?

Well, I enjoyed both but the 90's series was my introduction to Lynch. This time around, I'm much more familiar with his style. So certain things just aren't that strange anymore but I think the 2017 is more about connecting plot lines and giving some conclusiveness to the 90's series.

I didn't watch fire walk with me until a few episodes into the new season because by the time I finished the series I was too disappointed in the unresolved cliffhanger to care about any prequel. The one thing I took away from it was one of the most brief yet disturbing lines I've ever heard in a movie. After Laura figures out that it had been her father sneaking into her room at night both he and bob offer a response in sequence: "I thought you knew it was me; I didn't know you knew it was me." Dark freaky shit.

Fire Walk With Me is my least re-collective of his work. I need to watch it again but I do know a lot of the source material in it shows itself in 2017 series. "Blue Rose" for one.

I was also very surprised to see Chris isaak acting but he really seems to fit lynches music bill.

He's great. His defunct Showtime show was pretty good too.

I also wasn't really sure how the whole inhabiting spirit thing worked. I don't think it's necessarily like a complete possession, but more like an influence over someone's motives and behavior. What do you think?

Okay. "Fire Walk With Me" is an invitation to be influenced by evil or to connect to it. BOB is representative of evil. Same with the Black Lodge. Fear opens the Black Lodge. Don't know if you remember but Lara's dad described meeting BOB in the woods behind his house as a young boy and he invited him to play with him. "Fire Walk With Me". This is bad juju. If someone is talking about Fire, in TP world, it's indicative of something ominous. Owls also signify this negative energy and are the "eyes" of evil. Also, "Laura is the one", Laura is the only one besides her mother than can actually see BOB. Everyone else, sees who he is possessing. Laura has a power to discern evil.

It can be full blown possession but only by invitation or corruption. Also, there are dopplegangers. Cooper has one. Laura has one. These reside in the Red Room of the Black Lodge. The room with red curtains, checkered floor where backward speak happens. Time is slowed here. Also, we know time in here is different than out in the world and we find out information slowly through the series but as a viewer we don't really know when these things are happening in the Red Room until Lynch lets us know where they belong in the outside narrative. Puzzle pieces filling in gaps.

Cooper's doppleganger escaped, inhabited by BOB - leaving Cooper in the Black Lodge for 25 years.

Now, this is not good. Little Man in the vision while in the Red Room was warning Dougie (Real Cooper) that one of them has to die because this happened. "Don't Die". While Big C was out he formulated plans to never have to return to the Black Lodge, setting up the body of Dougie as a decoy. Notice the ring on Dougie's hand? It's important. I'm just not sure how but Laura had the same ring. Also, you are aware of what creamed corn represents in Lynch land. It's called Garmonbozia (pain and sorrow). It's what the demonic entities of the Black Lodge feasts upon and is visually represented by ....creamed corn. LOL. Big C threw this up after entering through the car lighter and thus people who knew Cooper could now see, this person wasn't Cooper. He lost some power.

Dougie (now real Cooper) threw this up after coming out of the socket. Purging what was absorbed from the Black Lodge? Hmm..

Pretty sure that the Pendrecki Threnody episode is BOB's origin story. We then see Lara's spirit in the form of that golden globe thing enter the Earth not long after. Released by the Giant in the blaring alarm room.
That was new, which is why I loved that episode because it really did explain a lot about BOB and/or what he represents and Laura's relation to it in broader dynamics.

-----

Still not sure what the monster in the glass case is. Was that a trap set for Cooper once he escaped from the Black Void? Not sure....

So much of the show feels very 90s gen X to me. I know lynch loves his 50s era Americanna, but I almost get the impression that he now holds a similar fondness for the 90s era too. Laura Dern, smoking, kids marrying young doing drugs and living in a trailer. Living for experiences, seldom erring on the side of caution. That evil Horne kid menacingly grabbing that young girl in the bar while her friends look on. Maybe it's just me.

Yes. He does. Lynch comes from a small town himself. You can tell he still holds familiar good/bad archetypes as sentimental icons. You notice he always shows police and military is helper roles. They are heros. Only one I think he's not treated well, is the sloppy cop who turned traitor and intercepted mail and ate his lunch where he wasn't supposed to.

Also, I'm feeling really tense and wound up watching this series at this point- like I've been fucking for 50 minutes and really need to blow, but lynch keeps grabbing my balls and shaking his head. His long drawn out shots, the long drawn out wait before reintroducing Audrey (my fav female from the original), the long drawn out wait before bringing cooper back (though he's had his coffee and pie by this point at least- I miss his razor sharp intellect. I can't take the dougie stare anymore!). I feel like the lady in the car honking her car horn at the show right now- which I suppose may be deliberately saying something about my lack of patience. Creepiest scene I've seen in a long time.

I'm not sure if Dougie will "wake up". He's had his coffee and now...PIE....what else did he enjoy? I'm thinking he needs to be back in Twin Peaks, near the Lodges to wake up. Again, not sure.

Last note- the recent reunion scene with bobby and his mother, calling back to the conversation major Briggs had with bobby about his happy future in the original series really choked me up. Loved major Briggs. I feel like if I had a spirit animal in the show it would be him.

I loved Major Briggs to. The dinner scene with Bobby in the original was great. Good laughs. As far as I know, Major Briggs is the only character known to have been in the White Lodge. Love opens the white lodge.

Gotta run...I'll post some more thoughts later...

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@anticlimactic

Any thoughts on what/who the dark men, lumberjack fellas are and what's with the exploding heads?

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
@anticlimactic Any thoughts on what/who the dark men, lumberjack fellas are and what's with the exploding heads?
I have a single theory on the "woodsmen" as they're called in the credits. I think they're both negative energy/electricity personified and kind of low level acolytes for the more advanced beings- like that glass box monster which I'm prettty sure was the same thing or kind of thing that puked bob into existence. Did you happen to see this video?:

Im not sure what all is going on with cooper in this sequence of events here, perhaps you can shed some light on the situation. But I wonder if that's the white lodge that cooper stops off at before going through the outlet into dougie, and I wonder if that monster follows him to the white lodge. The first scene of the new series the giant tells cooper that "its in our house now," and I also wonder if that is a flash forward scene- a dream cooper has after getting his sense back, about what happened when he left the black lodge. Maybe that box just sends things that leave the black lodge into the white lodge. Might explain why dark coop was kind of in on the device. Anyway, the woodsmen:

I feel like they are less beings than they are a kind of medium or biproduct of other beings. Some of them seem sentient, like the "got a light?" Guy, but my very first impression of them was that they were more like particles or bursts of energy. That initial scene of the convenience store in the flashback reminded me of an attempt at rendering flickering electronics in the Hollywood spirit. Like a malfunctioning light in a horror or suspense scene. And if you consider the atomic blast as their origin, perhaps they are like the radiation whereas bob and bobs mother and such are like the shockwave. I'm not sure.

My theory doesnt have much official shape to it, but that's the best my brain can do with the input so far. What do you think?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm glad to finally see this thread. I've been watching it, and I've been having a difficult time finding anyone else watching to discuss it with. The people I know irl who are fans haven't started watching the new season yet. I like this new season even more than the original seasons so far, so yeah, glad to find this thread.

(Spoilers below, not hiding).

I'm going to post a few thoughts before reading the above posts.

I love what Lynch has done with Cooper. Evil Cooper is seriously creepy. And though I think Good Cooper's Chauncey Gardiner phase* has been interesting, I think he either needs to snap out of it soon (it's getting tired) or it needs to morph into something else. Neither coffee nor cherry pie have woken him - any guesses about what it'll be? I'm guessing Diane. Or some Deus Ex Machina style Black Lodge event. I'm hoping it's the latter - but one that resonates as part of universal experience (in the way that Lynch is so good at tapping into abstractly) instead of just a pile of abstract woooOOOoooo.

Oh! Eta: I love the way characters interact with Good Cooper as if they barely notice anything is wrong/different with "Dougie". Especially the wife - Watts is excellent. It gives the show that ultra-mediocre edge (caricatures of the aburdness in mediocrity) the original series had.

Back in episode 2 (maybe 3?), when Good Cooper was still trapped in Black Lodge (but on his way out), when he landed in that little room with the Asian lady - did anyone else wonder if that was Josey? (Because back in the original series, it was implied that she went to the Black Lodge).

*Chauncey Gardiner is Peter Sellers' character in Being There. Good Cooper very much reminds me of him. The movie is (iirc) based on Heidegger's writing about phenomenology - the character Chance the gardener (whose name Shirley MacLaine's character mishears as "Chauncey Gardiner") is a guy who perceives the world through very phenomenological lenses, like a big infant who can walk and speak but who can't think like an adult.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a single theory on the "woodsmen" as they're called in the credits. I think they're both negative energy/electricity personified and kind of low level acolytes for the more advanced beings- like that glass box monster which I'm prettty sure was the same thing or kind of thing that puked bob into existence. Did you happen to see this video?:

I haven't seen it but it makes more sense as to what is happening in linear time rather than what Lynch chops up. So, that monster resides in the purple room with the blind woman. [MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION] (yay another fan) I thought it was Josie too, since she was trapped in the wooden nightstand but the credits show her listed as "American girl" and I googled and the same actress that played Ronette in the 90's series plays her. Not sure if it's supposed to be Ronette or he is using the actress in another different role.

Im not sure what all is going on with cooper in this sequence of events here, perhaps you can shed some light on the situation. But I wonder if that's the white lodge that cooper stops off at before going through the outlet into dougie, and I wonder if that monster follows him to the white lodge. The first scene of the new series the giant tells cooper that "its in our house now," and I also wonder if that is a flash forward scene- a dream cooper has after getting his sense back, about what happened when he left the black lodge. Maybe that box just sends things that leave the black lodge into the white lodge. Might explain why dark coop was kind of in on the device. Anyway, the I woodsmen:

There is a theory that the White Lodge is slowly being devoured by the Black Lodge, so it's in our house now could be accurate. I'm also wondering if that deep space is called "The Zone" that we keep hearing about but Briggs head floated by and that's the last place that we know he was spotted (through Hastings words). Since Cooper was possessed by BOB in the last episode of the 90's series, I wonder if he met with Briggs and foul play came to Briggs via Mr. C? I also remember the FBI data transmission from "deep space" that said THE OWLS ARE NOT WHAT THEY APPEAR and COOPER, COOPER. Meaning: Two coopers and maybe a warning from the future to the past that the real Cooper would be compromised?

I feel like they are less beings than they are a kind of medium or biproduct of other beings. Some of them seem sentient, like the "got a light?" Guy, but my very first impression of them was that they were more like particles or bursts of energy. That initial scene of the convenience store in the flashback reminded me of an attempt at rendering flickering electronics in the Hollywood spirit. Like a malfunctioning light in a horror or suspense scene. And if you consider the atomic blast as their origin, perhaps they are like the radiation whereas bob and bobs mother and such are like the shockwave. I'm not sure.

I like that idea a lot. Electricity is front and center and seems to be a spiritual conduit between dimensions. Something else I like, Lynch always uses red and blue and I read once that when you see red it denotes a inhibition of logic (Dougie's red door...) and when you see blue it's "seeing how things really are". He also uses them in other ways but it's one of my favorite things about his visual aesthetic. The mother and blind girl were in a purple room. Red and blue make purple. Dr. Jacoby's on-air persona is named DR. AMP (electricity, again) and has each a red AND blue lense in his glasses....I just notice those things but I don't Lynch has any big meaning behind it other than as a head nod to overall mood or subtext.

The woodsman was saying, "gotta light?" could be electricity? Maybe he wanted to open the Black Lodge by absorbing light/energy from those head crushed victims? When he went on air....and repeated the creepiest phrase of all time, everyone listening was in a trance and receptive to it. Since that was the birth of BOB, it could be Lynch saying that the atom bomb was a turning point in humanity that brokered something more sinister into the world. Who knows. I read that last part somewhere and I liked it.

I think you might be on to something that the black soot men are entities. When Mr. C got shot they surrounded him and removed the BOB entity from him, but he survived. So Mr. C no longer has BOB with him. Where is BOB going?? Something to think about...

But now the Doppleganger is weakened, I think.

My theory doesnt have much official shape to it, but that's the best my brain can do with the input so far. What do you think?

Seems fine to me! Also, I'm hoping we see inside Agent Cooper's hotel room next episode.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't seen it but it makes more sense as to what is happening in linear time rather than what Lynch chops up. So, that monster resides in the purple room with the blind woman. [MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION] (yay another fan) I thought it was Josie too, since she was trapped in the wooden nightstand but the credits show her listed as "American girl" and I googled and the same actress that played Ronette in the 90's series plays her. Not sure if it's supposed to be Ronette or he is using the actress in another different role.

It seems like there are two women. There's the one who appears when he first gets there, with the stuff/fleshed over eyes - he follows her to the roof, and she gets pushed/pulled off the roof into that weird space ether around them. Then there's the one who is in the room when he re-enters it. I recognized the second one immediately as Ronette. I don't think it's the same woman though? I'd have to watch it again to make sure. (Maybe I will, just to check).

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I just rewatched the woodsman scenes from the origin episode and have a couple thoughts-

They remind me now of kind of germs or parasites- or maybe antibodies in certain (dark cooper) cases. They might take the shape of men because men are what they are targeting, but like Stephen kings IT I feel like their true form is just light/electricity. I think they may take the form of men (the way germs and antibodies kind of take the shape of cells) for the sake of infecting them more easily. If you consider the phrase 'got a light?' in its most basic context, it's a one-liner used to break the ice: "do you have this thing I need and can I have it and also hello stranger." The scenes just prior to the woodsman taking over the radio station involve clips of untainted Americanna that lynch loves so much- a diner, an old mechanic in his garage, a young girl day dreaming about her boyfriend- all to the platters singing about lingering in a dream that's divine. Then the radio is taken over with that repeating quote that could be translated to mean "this is the poison, and this is the source of the poison- drink deep and descend- what is white is now also black."

Lynch has always been into the dark underbelly of things, and perhaps more than just twin peaks, this scene speaks to his broader lore and ethos as to the origin of that dark underbelly- especially considering how much the evil dream creature behind Winkies in mulholland drive looks like a woodsman.

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shit man I used to love Twin Peaks back in the day. My favourite TV show by far...but this season ....I couldn't even bear to watch most episodes past a certain point...I'll just youtube the episode recaps. When is Coop gonna come back!!! Where's my Badalamenti scored soap opera scenes?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shit man I used to love Twin Peaks back in the day. My favourite TV show by far...but this season ....I couldn't even bear to watch most episodes past a certain point...I'll just youtube the episode recaps. When is Coop gonna come back!!! Where's my Badalamenti scored soap opera scenes?

You got some with Audrey and her husband Charlie via contractual obligation?? Don't know who he is but he said, "Do I have to end your story?" While he seems dutiful, there was something menacing there. Something about him looks a little like that insect frog thing? I think he mentioned something about a girl on the end of the street (Was this referencing the scene of the chaste kiss right before she goes inside and the Woodsman goes on the radio?)

I think this is Audrey still in a coma and this is why she says, "I feel like I'm nowhere" and when Charlie says to go to the Roadhouse, she gets indecisive because this is all in her mind? She can't actually go anywhere and is stuck.

Anyway....

So the green ring...okay. So Laura put the ring on before she was killed in an effort for her soul to not be possessed by BOB. Which I think is why he killed her but ultimately wanted to possess her instead but didn't. She goes to the Black Lodge. Ring was on Dougie when Coop came through the outlet from the Lodge. The ring fell off him. I'm trying to wrap my head around why Mr. C needed him to put the ring on then kill him rather than kill him and/or take the ring. I guess the ring sends them directly to the Black Lodge or maybe it's used as the only way to go to and from the Lodges without being physically near their entrance. Still, there was a purpose to that. Don't know. Another host body for BOB? Where is BOB atm?

Also, something about the way Sonny Jim's playset was staged, with the golden arch....I've seen it before. Was it on that map Hawk had? I have to google. Could be wrong.

EDIT:

This is what I remember and Janey said "it looks like he's in Seventh Heaven" don't know what that means or if it means anything. This is why spoiler tags would be pointless in Lynch land. LOL

IDK...thoughts @anticlimactic

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In regards to where Bob is - in one of the first episodes, Evil Cooper is looking into a mirror and his face changes a little bit, then he said something like, "Glad to see you're still with me." The scene is mixed with these scenes from the original series: doppelganger Cooper and Bob laughing maniacally together while still in the Black Lodge, and then of Cooper smashing his face in the mirror before seeing Bob as his reflection.

I remember thinking it was likely meant to establish that was def not really Agent Cooper and that Bob was still with him.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In regards to where Bob is - in one of the first episodes, Evil Cooper is looking into a mirror and his face changes a little bit, then he said something like, "Glad to see you're still with me." The scene is mixed with these scenes from the original series: doppelganger Cooper and Bob laughing maniacally together while still in the Black Lodge, and then of Cooper smashing his face in the mirror before seeing Bob as his reflection.

I remember thinking it was likely meant to establish that was def not really Agent Cooper and that Bob was still with him.

In the latest series, when the guy with the coordinates (forget his name) shoots Mr C, you see those woodsman type men come out of the woods and hover over his body and blood is smeared over him. They take from his body an orb, with BOB's face in it (same orb that birthed from the atomic mushroom cloud) out of Mr C's body.

I figured that as of now Mr C and BOB are not together anymore.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
You got some with Audrey and her husband Charlie via contractual obligation?? Don't know who he is but he said, "Do I have to end your story?" While he seems dutiful, there was something menacing there. Something about him looks a little like that insect frog thing? I think he mentioned something about a girl on the end of the street (Was this referencing the scene of the chaste kiss right before she goes inside and the Woodsman goes on the radio?)

I think this is Audrey still in a coma and this is why she says, "I feel like I'm nowhere" and when Charlie says to go to the Roadhouse, she gets indecisive because this is all in her mind? She can't actually go anywhere and is stuck.

Anyway....

So the green ring...okay. So Laura put the ring on before she was killed in an effort for her soul to not be possessed by BOB. Which I think is why he killed her but ultimately wanted to possess her instead but didn't. She goes to the Black Lodge. Ring was on Dougie when Coop came through the outlet from the Lodge. The ring fell off him. I'm trying to wrap my head around why Mr. C needed him to put the ring on then kill him rather than kill him and/or take the ring. I guess the ring sends them directly to the Black Lodge or maybe it's used as the only way to go to and from the Lodges without being physically near their entrance. Still, there was a purpose to that. Don't know. Another host body for BOB? Where is BOB atm?

Also, something about the way Sonny Jim's playset was staged, with the golden arch....I've seen it before. Was it on that map Hawk had? I have to google. Could be wrong.

EDIT:

This is what I remember and Janey said "it looks like he's in Seventh Heaven" don't know what that means or if it means anything. This is why spoiler tags would be pointless in Lynch land. LOL

IDK...thoughts @anticlimactic

I really hope audrey is still in a coma, because I don't know what the F her purpose in the show is otherwise. It could just be an effort to convey that her life is messed up and complicated and she's at a breaking point to set the stage for whatever comes next, but who knows. Her character so far is almost completely void of context other than reaffirming her usual daddy issues, which is probably deliberate. Not sure why, though.

I interpreted the play set scene as another cooper building block. His joie de virve, being appreciated for helping people, good things in life, etc. Did you notice the spotlight moving around? Reminds me of the scenes in the original series where the giant would appear on stage under a spotlight. The one in the playset was searching though, never quite landing on anything.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really hope audrey is still in a coma, because I don't know what the F her purpose in the show is otherwise. It could just be an effort to convey that her life is messed up and complicated and she's at a breaking point to set the stage for whatever comes next, but who knows. Her character so far is almost completely void of context other than reaffirming her usual daddy issues, which is probably deliberate. Not sure why, though.

I interpreted the play set scene as another cooper building block. His joie de virve, being appreciated for helping people, good things in life, etc. Did you notice the spotlight moving around? Reminds me of the scenes in the original series where the giant would appear on stage under a spotlight. The one in the playset was searching though, never quite landing on anything.

Yeah. I initially was like, why is Lynch treating the character this way? Daddy issues being what they are, Audrey was never desperate, ambivalent or helpless. Here she was exactly all of that. Then I remembered Lynch overacts scenes (like Sarah Palmer in the store) it's usually because he's explaining something very literal in dialogue and you have to ignore the theatrics and concentrate on the words.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah. I initially was like, why is Lynch treating the character this way? Daddy issues being what they are, Audrey was never desperate, ambivalent or helpless. Here she was exactly all of that. Then I remembered Lynch overacts scenes (like Sarah Palmer in the store) it's usually because he's explaining something very literal in dialogue and you have to ignore the theatrics and concentrate on the words.

I need to rewatch that second Audrey scene. All I took from it the first time around was that she hit a wall in what she could tantrum what she wanted out of her husband (information; what "she" said), and that this wall had a devastating effect on her agency and self esteem/value. I always typed her as an ENFJ, and that's exactly the kind of thing that happens when they suddenly can't Fe their way out of a problem. The hyperbolic emotional hypochondria is just another manipulation tactic, whether they are conscious of it or not.

Also I'd just like to mention how much fan service lapdog me enjoyed the repeat performance of "just you and I" by James. That roadhouse has some crazy good live entertainment. I need to move to twin peaks.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the latest series, when the guy with the coordinates (forget his name) shoots Mr C, you see those woodsman type men come out of the woods and hover over his body and blood is smeared over him. They take from his body an orb, with BOB's face in it (same orb that birthed from the atomic mushroom cloud) out of Mr C's body.

I figured that as of now Mr C and BOB are not together anymore.

I'd totally forgotten about that until I read this^. So I watched it again. They didn't actually take it from his body - they hover over his body until half the orb rises out of C's abdomen, but they leave while it's sticking halfway out. So it's unclear whether or not they removed it. I'd kind of thought they 'activated the Bob' in him in order to bring him back? [I did forget about that scene though. And it's possible they did remove him.]

eta:
I think you might be on to something that the black soot men are entities. When Mr. C got shot they surrounded him and removed the BOB entity from him, but he survived. So Mr. C no longer has BOB with him. Where is BOB going?? Something to think about...

But now the Doppleganger is weakened, I think.

Yeah - the fact that the Doppleganger wasn't actually weakened is what leans me towards thinking Bob is still there. The whole "neutral position is the most comfortable position" scene and all.

/eta

And with the woodsmen, before reading any of these other posts, that was precisely my vague impression of them. That they're general Bob activators/catalysts, like little pieces of shadow in the collective unconscious that move people to act on base impulses, to be puppets to their own unconscious. There's a Foucault quote coming to mind here (roughly): People often know what they do, they often know why they do what they do, but what they don't know is what what they do does. I kinda see the woodsmen as the invisible effect of shadow behavior, the residual emotional charge that wants to be released in an aggressive direction.