• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2008 NFL Season

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
WTF. I leave to go to the bathroom and miss this?

Westbrook never had top end speed (world class, still plenty good enough) but in terms of agility in the open field he's pretty nasty. You could notice it from the onset with him, insane sense of space and how to utilize it. Not to mention his ability to expertly use blockers.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Roethlesburger is OVERRATED...the D has been carrying him his whole career. Worst winning Superbowl performance I've ever witnessed by a so-call elite QB
I doesn't help that the Steelers O-line couldn't block the D-line of a Typologycentral team.

MBTI Type
INTJ
WTF. I leave to go to the bathroom and miss this?

Westbrook never had top end speed (world class, still plenty good enough) but in terms of agility in the open field he's pretty nasty. You could notice it from the onset with him, insane sense of space and how to utilize it. Not to mention his ability to expertly use blockers.

It's true...Westbrook is just filthy in space. And unlike a lot of speed guys, he waits for his blockers. Devin Hester does that well, too. The Eagles have a really good O-line when they let them play...the screen is like the run for that team, and they block the screen very skillfully. As one of the announcers said, nice rope-a-dope of the Vikings D...the Eagles are a heavy screen team and that was the first screen they ran in the whole game, halfway through the fourth quarter.

I doesn't help that the Steelers O-line couldn't block the D-line of a Typologycentral team.

Hahaha. Too true. But that's one of the reasons I think Roethlisberger is a very good QB. They just shouldn't let him play hurt. I think Byron Leftwich fits nicely into their system and has played well when given a chance. The one glaring flaw Roethlisberger has is holding the ball too long. He takes way too many sacks.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
The Ravens were so incredibly lucky to win that game. Every conceivable break went their way. The Titans completely dominated them, in every way possible, except on the scoreboard.

I haven't felt this bad in years. To lose this way, to this team, it's unreal. I'm supposed to go to a meetup and I really don't feel like it, at all.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Titans didn't play well.

Arizona on the other hand, is SHOCKING me.

I think the Titans played fairly well in a lot of respects... their offense moved the ball well, and their defense generally did a good job... but the turnovers and penalties... good grief. They aren't a team that can overcome that sort of stuff. Not that many teams can, but especially a ball control/defense oriented team. Going to be a long, frustrating offseason for them - they let that one go.

Arizona's really doing well - but they're taking advantage of Carolina mistakes at this point, I think (of course, taking advantage of the other team's mistakes and not making many of your own *is* playing well). Fitzgerald... just wow - he's having a great game.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Titans didn't play well.

Arizona on the other hand, is SHOCKING me.
The Titans are the better team, BY FAR. The Ravens needed the planets to align to win that game, and they did. The refs even missed a delay of game call on their final drive...and it wasn't a borderline delay of game. The ball was snapped a good 2-3 seconds after the play clock hit 0. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tennessee protest the game on those grounds alone. Fuck. I still can't believe it. Tennessee should have won that game by 3+ TDs.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
The Titans are the better team, BY FAR. The Ravens needed the planets to align to win that game, and they did. The refs even missed a delay of game call on their final drive...and it wasn't a borderline delay of game. The ball was snapped a good 2-3 seconds after the play clock hit 0. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tennessee protest the game on those grounds alone. Fuck. I still can't believe it. Tennessee should have won that game by 3+ TDs.

No such thing as should've in football. Tennessee had their chances and didn't capitalize on them. One delay of game blown call didn't decide this game. Not even close. Baltimore was the better team today.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
No such thing as should've in football. Tennessee had their chances and didn't capitalize on them. One delay of game blown call didn't decide this game. Not even close. Baltimore was the better team today.
Hahaha, no. Baltimore wasn't better. Both of their lines got smashed all game long. And I didn't say it decided the game. It was indicative of how things went for Baltimore. Every single break went their way.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hahaha, no. Baltimore wasn't better. Both of their lines got smashed all game long. And I didn't say it decided the game. It was indicative of how things went for Baltimore. Every single break went their way.

Come oyn, you act like Bmore didn't do anything to cause those breaks.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP

I don't know what game YOU were watching. Tennessee had NO answer for the Baltimore blitz all night long. And hardly put any pressure on the Flacco expect for in a few instances. If you ask me, the game was decided in the 3rd quarter on that Baltimore fumble recovery where Tennessee forced the punt and then couldn't make hay of it on the next drive, complete pwnage. GAME OVER

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
destructoid-dot-com-fanboy-anatomy.jpg

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
There's little excuse for consistently coughing up the ball near the endzone. That is an absolute momentum changer. There's this neat little metric for baseball called win probability. Basically it can be formatted for each game to show per inning, or even event, the likely hood of one team winning over another. It varies from 0 to 1 and is continuous throughout the game. With out running the numbers I can almost conclude with certainty that turning the ball over when on the cusp of scoring drastically alters the probability of winning a game. Doing this repeatedly is the quickest and most efficient ways of epically losing.

It's a horrendous way to attempt to win a game. Turnover ratio is a common stat that announcers bring up and that doesn't even take into consideration the area or time in game!!

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I don't know what game YOU were watching. Tennessee had NO answer for the Baltimore blitz all night long. And hardly put any pressure on the Flacco expect for in a few instances. If you ask me, the game was decided in the 3rd quarter on that Baltimore fumble recovery where Tennessee forced the punt and then couldn't make hay of it on the next drive, complete pwnage. GAME OVER
Yeah, I'm thinking you have no idea what you're talking about. Collins had plenty of time to throw all game long. They Ravens broke through a couple times, that's it.

The play of the game was Crumpler's fumble in the 4th quarter. The Titans score a TD to ice the game if he doesn't fumble.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Yeah, I'm thinking you have no idea what you're talking about. Collins had plenty of time to throw all game long. They Ravens broke through a couple times, that's it.

The play of the game was Crumpler's fumble in the 4th quarter. The Titans score a TD to ice the game if he doesn't fumble.

Wow your powers of denial are strong, Collins was throwing the ball away to keep from getting his ass waxed all night especially when it counted...

Again with the if's and should'ves

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
There's little excuse for consistently coughing up the ball near the endzone. That is an absolute momentum changer. There's this neat little metric for baseball called win probability. Basically it can be formatted for each game to show per inning, or even event, the likely hood of one team winning over another. It varies from 0 to 1 and is continuous throughout the game. With out running the numbers I can almost conclude with certainty that turning the ball over when on the cusp of scoring drastically alters the probability of winning a game. Doing this repeatedly is the quickest and most efficient ways of epically losing.

It's a horrendous way to attempt to win a game. Turnover ratio is a common stat that announcers bring up and that doesn't even take into consideration the area or time in game!!
I agree, there is no excuse. That's why the Titans lost. But this talk about Baltimore being a better team is a joke. The better team doesn't always win the game (otherwise there would be a 19-0 team every season).

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Wow your powers of denial are strong, Collins was throwing the ball away to keep from getting his ass waxed all night especially when it counted...

Again with the if's and should'ves
Really? 26-42 is pretty good for him (he's not the most accurate QB). He threw a few balls away, but not very many. By the way you're talking, he was dodging blitzers every play, throwing balls into the stands.

I think you're just trolling, probably angry with me after that BART thread. Of course you'll never admit that, but I have a good sense for these things.