• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2008 NFL Season

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
BTW, doesn't matter what they do now McNabb is gone with the wind, he's been disrespected too much to stay...

Wrong. Those are Philly fans for you. They love you and adore you when you do well, and detest you when you perform poorly. Philadelphia has the most passionate fans in the entire US, so the effects of your performance are leveraged on orders of magnitude with the fans here.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Wrong. Those are Philly fans for you. They love you and adore you when you do well, and detest you when you perform poorly. Philadelphia has the most passionate fans in the entire US, so the effects of your performance are leveraged on orders of magnitude with the fans here.

I was referring to his coach benching him in a winnable game actually...

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Kurt Warner for MVP

That team would be in the basement if it werent for him

Nah - not that I think he's done a poor job this year, but the Cardinals (as mediocre as they are) would have had to try not to win the division this year. With SF (who were at least respectable) and the Seahawks and Rams (who weren't) in their division, competition for their playoff spot was... lacking.

Not sure who I would name, though. Warner's worthy of mention, maybe either Manning? There don't really seem to be that many individual standouts on the teams that are left... Kerry Collins, Chad Pennington, etc. had good years, but they're more the "steady hand who won't kill you" types... hmm... not sure.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Taking bets on the last 1:48 of Colts v Chargers game, I say it goes to OT

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I knew the Colts wouldn't last long. So many people were picking them as the favorite in the AFC. I guess they didn't see how the Colts needed divine intervention to beat the Browns and Jags at the end of the season. But hey, they did manage to get those records against the Titans practice squad, last week.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
There D was a no show in the clutch, although the refs didn't help.
The Colts don't have a big time D. The Chargers are in for a rude awakening when they play either the Steelers or Titans. They'll be facing a real defense, not crap like the Colts or what they see every week in the AFC West.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow, Mike Scifres had maybe the best game I've ever seen a punter have. And props to Madden and Michaels for observing what a great game Marcus McNeill had. Offensive linemen rarely get their due from the broadcast teams.

As for Falcons/Cards: The most enduring betting rule in football is never bet on a rookie QB, especially on the road. That said, expect the Cards to get prison raped in either New York or Carolina. Hopefully Carolina, because that would mean the Eagles won :)

MBTI Type
INTJ
So far this is the most boring playoff game I've ever seen.

Edit: Ed Reed HAD to run that interception back two minutes after I posted this just to make me look bad. Grr.