• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2008 NFL Season

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
as much as I wish that were true, fact is they can still make the wild card.

Manning Face
The Colts are going to lose to the Titans again, the Jags again, and the Texans (they were lucky as shit to win the first one). No...that team is going nowhere. They'll be LUCKY to win 8 games.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Why have the Colts fallen so far?

Marvin Harrison is hurt/done.
Peyton Manning is hurt.
Jeff Saturday is hurt.
Joseph Addai is hurt/maybe not as good as it looked like he was.
Bob Sanders is hurt (big surprise.)
Dwight Freeney has declined significantly.

The same thing is happening to them that happened to the Yankees a few years ago. They had a confluence of injuries and a bunch of prominent players beginning to decline at the same time. It's shocking how quickly a championship-level team can decline. Look at the Raiders...they went from playing in the Super Bowl in 2002, to having the worst cumulative record in the NFL since then.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah but I could manage the Raiders better than Al Davis.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah but I could manage the Raiders better than Al Davis.

True, but the point is that the Raiders played in the Super Bowl in 2002 and in 2003, basically the same team went 4-12. That's not mismanagement. (Although I agree with your basic point.)

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Marvin Harrison is hurt/done.
Peyton Manning is hurt.
Jeff Saturday is hurt.
Joseph Addai is hurt/maybe not as good as it looked like he was.
Bob Sanders is hurt (big surprise.)
Dwight Freeney has declined significantly.

The same thing is happening to them that happened to the Yankees a few years ago. They had a confluence of injuries and a bunch of prominent players beginning to decline at the same time. It's shocking how quickly a championship-level team can decline. Look at the Raiders...they went from playing in the Super Bowl in 2002, to having the worst cumulative record in the NFL since then.

I dont think they were ever THAT good. The year they won the SuperBowl was against a very weak NFC opponent. And the only reason they beat the Pats was due to Deon Branch's hold out/trade demand for more money, which left the Pats with Reche Caldwell as their #1 receiver in the playoffs.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
8-0. I'm still waiting for the Packers to expose the Titans...

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
FOR LIFE!
eagles.jpg

Cakes...who you got on?!! Damn, an ENFP Eagles fan???
:hug:

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Cakes...who you got on?!! Damn, an ENFP Eagles fan???
:hug:

Ricky Watters. I've had that Jersey since...iono when, but I have been a fan since I was a wee lil' one. Through good times and bad...well, mostly bad. =| I cried when they lost the superbowl. :cry:

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh snap Ricky Watters! I couldn't see the numbers clearly, but that's who I figured it was. I been a Eagles fan since I was a youngin too. I get stressed out after every bad play when I watch the the season games. We need offense!!!! :steam: Btw, I was so glad when Romo messed up his finger! I was cheering. Woooha! Gawd, I hate the Cowboys. :D

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Anyone see the Jets game? The Rams may suck, but 47-3 is still pretty good.

It was 40-0 at halftime. The victory says nothing about the Jets... at this point I think most college teams could beat the Rams. Just a scrimmage before the Patriots game on Thursday.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Tonight's game was so freaking frustrating. Take away the nonsensical replay reversal on Eli's past-the-line-of-scrimmage penalty and have the Eagles score on 1st and goal at the 2 against the Bears and the Eagles are 7-2. I can't stop thinking about it. The season is slipping away and I truly believe the Eagles are one of the five best teams in the NFL.