• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2008 NFL Season

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Coke, meth, Ritalin. A shit ton of alcohol?

Brash or conservative?

I think I'll just settle for the Alcohol and Methylphenidate. I'll delude myself into thinking I'll get something half productive done.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
Planning to alternate those? Or just chase the meth with the booze?

Awwwww, someone needs a hug, :hug: for all the poor, sad Eagles fans.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I think Ill go for the rush so I can channel my frustration and then drown myself in sorrow and alcohol. It's a better transition that way methinks.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL the Raiders suck.

Yeah that dude can run, but he didn't do much @ MD.

The Raiders like to play vertical, but the game has changed. Al Davis needs to die before Oakland will be a contender again.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
Lol - The 47th pick was even worse. Michael Mitchell? The Sirius NFL radio guys said he wasn't even in their top 150.

But I don't want Al to die just yet...if nothing else, he makes the draft more exciting. :D

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Lol - The 47th pick was even worse. Michael Mitchell? The Sirius NFL radio guys said he wasn't even in their top 150.

But I don't want Al to die just yet...if nothing else, he makes the draft more exciting. :D

Yeah, that was pretty bad. I am on the fence about the Eagles' draft so far. Maclin is not a very big receiver (6', 200 lbs.), but he is insanely fast. Should help with field position as a returner, as well. LeSean McCoy is like a poor man's Brian Westbrook. Good insurance/rotation guy. We have a real fullback this year, which is nice. Would have liked Boldin, but McNabb has (probably) a better offensive line for him, and a couple of new, fast skill position guys. I'd like to see another TE taken in the 3rd/4th round.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maclin is fast, but he's even better at football vision. Get him in space (like Westbrook) and he'll find the seam and make people miss. He is not very big though, that's true.

I don't know where this "inconsistent hands" thing comes from. I've watched every televised game he's played for two years and I don't remember many dropped passes. Someone must've said something about it without evidence and it got picked up and passed around by everyone else. The NFL is like a junior high sleepover at times.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Maclin is fast, but he's even better at football vision. Get him in space (like Westbrook) and he'll find the seam and make people miss. He is not very big though, that's true.

I don't know where this "inconsistent hands" thing comes from. I've watched every televised game he's played for two years and I don't remember many dropped passes. Someone must've said something about it without evidence and it got picked up and passed around by everyone else. The NFL is like a junior high sleepover at times.

Do you think it may have to do with his route-running supposedly being below-average? If you are rounding off and not making crisp cuts, you will be out of position for the balls that really need to be threaded in. Relatively easy catches turn into balls off the fingertips or the back shoulder if you aren't precise.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think it may have to do with his route-running supposedly being below-average? If you are rounding off and not making crisp cuts, you will be out of position for the balls that really need to be threaded in. Relatively easy catches turn into balls off the fingertips or the back shoulder if you aren't precise.

The spread offense isn't really about routes but about finding space in the defense, so I can see that knock against him on route running. I take "inconsistent hands" more to mean the ball is right there and catchable but he doesn't make the catch all the time. Which I don't recall at all with Maclin.