• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What film always cheers you up?

SwimmerGal97

If you've had a rough week or are just feeling a bit 'meh', what film or films do you watch to make you feel good?

For me it's Mamma Mia, Shrek (any except Shrek 4), How to Train Your Dragon or Zootopia (although literally any animated disney/pixar/dreamworks film does the trick!)

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a sucker for teen cult films like Mean Girls and Easy A.

Oh, and The Devil Wears Prada always picks me up.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mm.. I resort to my Si to cheer me up. The good old cartoons and anime I use to frequent more. Like DBZ, Yugioh, Pokémon, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Looney Tunes ... I suppose childlike comfort.

Even other stuff like Spaceballs (spoof) and Kyle Xy (an old cancelled show that's underrated)

As for music I resort to forms of cybergoth, trance, and chill music to rev me up a bit. Also because it is atmospheric and I can think while feeling in tune to a sort of poetic vibe. Not unlike a 'trance'. I sometimes game to it too.

Lark

I dont know, most recently it was Last Holiday maybe, I like the Guardians of the Galaxy movies too, they're just fun though.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Matilda, How To Train Your Dragon, Howl's Moving Castle, Coraline, Penelope, The Sound of Music, Juno, & pretty much any Tim Burton or Disney film. :newwink: If I'm really sad (or just nostalgic) then watching tv shows from my childhood cheers me up really quickly, even if it's just the theme song.

Last edited:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Shakespeare In Love
Bad Boys II
The Last Days of Disco
The Birdcage
Chocolat
Lost in Translation
The Lego Movie

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes I watch movies that make me feel deeply and even make me cry, when I'm in that mood. (They tend to all get the highest marks on my favorite movies list.) That is a different list than this one. I just note it because on some level feeling something to the point of heartache is a "good" feeling for me. Makes me feel alive.

I guess movies that just make me feel good in a happier way, that I can watch over and over:

- Groundhog Day
- Dave
- Kick-Ass
- The Sound of Music
- Knight and Day
- Mega-Mind
- Tangled
- Talladega Nights
- Serendipity (terrible movie but... THE FEELZ)
- My Best Friend's Wedding
- Kung Fu Panda
- School of Rock
- How to Train Your Dragon
- The Devil Wears Prada
- Easy A
- The Parent Trap (remake with Lohan. God, Natasha Richardson was such a lovely human being. :( )

There might be others as well... just too tired to go through them all.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
It's very difficult for me to watch the same film over and over again, but Tampopo is an excellent choice because the first two or three scenes are comedy gold. I never finish the film but it's already served its purpose in the first 10 minutes.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any comedies except for the Hangover movies. They are terrible. I like drama but it doesn't cheer me up.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Walk the line
Bridget jokes diary ( the first one)
the sandlot
newsies
tombstone
moulin rouge

Lark

I like TV shows more than films, although I like Limitless, Groundhog Day, Hearts in Atlantis

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
The Shop Around the Corner with James Stewart and Margaret Sullivan is a great pick-me-up--clever, witty, romantic, and timeless.

James and the Giant Peach is another one that always makes me nostalgically happy. When I was little, I used to pretend that the insects in the movie and the book were my friends. The Old Green Grasshopper was my favorite, and I would imagine him playing the violin outside while I was on the swingset. Whenever I watch the movie, it takes me back to when I chilled with my giant big squad.

supersleuth

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Pride and Prejudice (2005 version) or White Christmas