• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please support my game

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
As many of you might know, I'm a game developer by profession. Finally I get to share with you the latest game I've been team-leading.

The game is current in Greenlight, and needs votes to get a release permit (it's a common procedure for all new games on steam).
Please vote yes, and feel free to ask me any questions regarding the game or game development in general. I'm more than happy to answer. :D

Steam Greenlight :: Tesla vs Lovecraft

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Done.

The premise actually looks super fun lol

Thanks, we too are hyped about the premise. It's a fine line making sure both Tesla and Lovecraft fans like it, and that the people who have no idea who these guys are can still be interested about the game.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
looks fun, what-s the tech/engine/is there a dev blog/etc

It's our custom-made proprietary engine (the engine itself runs on windows/linux/mac/ps4/ps3/xbox1/psvita/android/ios/windows phone/webos/bada/tizen/symbian/blackberry). It's written in c++.

Sadly we don't yet have a dev blog for this game (we really should get one), and our website is waiting for an upgrade (check Tesla vs Lovecraft – It's time to teach lovecraftian nightmare a lesson in horror! ). Hopefully we'll get them done very soon. :)

Permabanned
It's our custom-made proprietary engine (the engine itself runs on windows/linux/mac/ps4/ps3/xbox1/psvita/android/ios/windows phone/webos/bada/tizen/symbian/blackberry). It's written in c++.

Sadly we don't yet have a dev blog for this game (we really should get one), and our website is waiting for an upgrade (check Tesla vs Lovecraft – It's time to teach lovecraftian nightmare a lesson in horror! ). Hopefully we'll get them done very soon. :)

that's a long platform list, any reason you didnt use unity/ue

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
that's a long platform list, any reason you didnt use unity/ue

Wayback when our engine was first created, there was no Unity or Unreal (as we know it). For a long time they were not really match for a custom engine, as they had optimization issues, high price tags and limited feature-sets. Today, there's very little reason to go custom. We use it because we have already mastered it, and it is great having 100% control over our code (helps with portability). If there's a problem, we can figure it out immediately. With commercial engines, you have to pay big $$$ to access the source code directly.

Permabanned
Wayback when our engine was first created, there was no Unity or Unreal (as we know it). For a long time they were not really match for a custom engine, as they had optimization issues, high price tags and limited feature-sets. Today, there's very little reason to go custom. We use it because we have already mastered it, and it is great having 100% control over our code (helps with portability). If there's a problem, we can figure it out immediately. With commercial engines, you have to pay big $$$ to access the source code directly.

That makes sense, that must've been ages ago tho. AAA engines/licenses/prices have come a long way in the last 5 yrs or so.