• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

R.I.P. Paul Newman

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
He could have been my grandfather.. my grandma used to go out with him. Other than that I really have no feelings towards him. Saw a little bit on the news today, I guess he was a humanitarian and did good things with his money.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I just saw this. :( Thank you for all the wonderful films you made and for being such an inspiration and role model for all of us. Rest in peace.

Newman was half of one of the most successful showbiz marriages -- to Joanne Woodward, whom he married in 1958. He observed that just because he was a sex symbol there was no reason to commit adultery.

"Why would I go out for a hamburger when have steak at home?" he asked.
I've always admired this about him.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Good innings.

He got on Nixon's enemies list. That's awesome.

MBTI Type
INTJ
A great actor. I enjoyed him even in movies that weren't very good, which is a nice testament.

On another topic, Jaye and Pink are free to crush on him now, which I'm sure means he died with a smile on his face :)

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
He went to my university for a while and was supposedly told by some professor in Drama that he didn't have the kind of talent it takes to get ahead in Acting. He was either kicked out ( or got into trouble ) for riding a motorcycle through a dormitory, was the legend.

One of my professors ( Walter Tevis ) wrote the book that Paul made famous in the movie - "The Hustler" about playing pool.

My favorite movies with Paul that come to mind were "Cool Hand Luke", "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid", and "Hud" I suppose. He was always a modest guy, despite his fame.

A lot of women were crazy about him. I remember our next door neighbor was one of them, when I was in High School. If Sinatra wasn't already called "old Blue Eyes" I think Paul might have got the title from those ladies. Or do I remember it wrong ? Maybe it was Paul who was called that. *scratches chin *

Bye Paul....

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
He's been one of two of my favorite actors since I was a kid.

Goodbye Paul.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I loved his bombolina marinara most of all.

alicia91

They just don't make them like this anymore. Very handsome, a great humanitarian and all around nice guy. RIP Paul.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
Enjoyed his work in all fields...It was his work in the film "Nobody's Fool" that made me a real fan...I'll miss the class he brought to being a "celebrity".

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I personally could give a rats ass about his acting.

What makes the man a legend is the deeds he did while he was alive. The continuous charities he has set up that will continue to live on long after he has died will be his true mark on earth, everything else is worthless.

RIP PAUL.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
2008 Hates Us

Along with Paul Newman here are other celebrities who died

Arthur C. Clarke
Anthony Minghella
Bernie Mac
Charlton Heston
George Carlin
Heath Ledger
Isaac Hayes
Roy Scheider
Sydney Pollack

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Tim Russert, Bobby Fischer, Estelle Getty, Brad Renfro, Harvey Korman, Paul Scofield, Jim McKay, and Bo Diddley, also.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
And I would guess he was an ISTP.

Tropics

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm sad to hear about Paul but the worst one for me this year has been Charlton Heston. I am a big fan of his I loved all his movies.:sad: