• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Studios Story

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Very interesting documentary on PBSwond about my favorite of all Hollywood studios. Just wondering: which are your favorite Warner Bros. films, stars, and directors? Also, how great was Animaniacs?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wrote a bit about this in my blog. I loved every minute. Esp the pre-code movies. Baby Face, being my favorite. I worship Barbara Stanwyck. She could make you pull for her no matter what.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You probably will, as smart and informed as you are. I have no doubt.

*thnx for the link*

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
You probably will, as smart and informed as you are. I have no doubt.

*thnx for the link*

Well, the chances are slim, but I'd love to work with them in some capacity. Maybe have the Clint Eastwood housekeeping deal. Produce my own stuff, but have a contract to have offices on the lot and my overhead paid for, with their getting right of first refusal and a certain number of projects in a certain number of years? It could be the best of both worlds. Anyway, I should mention some more of my favorite pieces from them: all the Batman movies (except for Batman and Robin, of course), The Searchers, The Public Enemy, White Heat, Casablanca, The Big Sleep], Strangers on a Train, Giant, Bonnie and Clyde, The Wild Bunch, A Clockwork Orange, Badlands, Mean Streets, pretty much every film they did in the 1970s, and they are the most consistent major studio today (although not quite the biggest or most prolific; Sony Pictures Entertainment makes a few more films, and they are close in terms of budget-per-picture).