• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Young Pope

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Anyone else watching? Anyone else kind of pissed this is just a limited series? It's sumptuous, it's rude, it's funny, the pope is basically screaming "I GIVE ZERO FUCKS!" It's so good.

young-pope-wink.gif

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone else watching? Anyone else kind of pissed this is just a limited series? It's sumptuous, it's rude, it's funny, the pope is basically screaming "I GIVE ZERO FUCKS!" It's so good.

young-pope-wink.gif

I caught the first episode, very strange but I liked it. I'm kind of surprised they aired two today. I'll have to catch both of them later. The way it's shot is so beautiful, and all the locations and everything are really cool.Is it accurate to the way the Vatican actually functions? I have no bloody idea, but I'll be damned if it isn't interesting.

i kind of had to watch because the concept seemed so weird. I guess because it's a limited series, they're only doing one season. I'm under the impression it aired in Italy first, so maybe HBO is only distributing it and didn't really produce it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I caught the first episode, very strange but I liked it. I'm kind of surprised they aired two today. I'll have to catch both of them later. The way it's shot is so beautiful, and all the locations and everything are really cool.Is it accurate to the way the Vatican actually functions? I have no bloody idea, but I'll be damned if it isn't interesting.

i kind of had to watch because the concept seemed so weird. I guess because it's a limited series, they're only doing one season. I'm under the impression it aired in Italy first, so maybe HBO is only distributing it and didn't really produce it.

Well, if you look at the Vatican as the state it actually is, rather than the Catholic Church, it makes more sense. Such as Angelo Voiello, the secretary of state. Same as in any other country. But everything in the show so far is accurate about administrative function, Conclave, all that. A nun being consigliere? Not accurate but it is for this show. As soon as I heard Paolo Sorrentino wrote and directed I knew it would look stunning. Luca Bigazzi did the cinematography and if you watch a movie like The Great Beauty, you'll see what I mean. I have a thing for those subtitled foreign language films so I was especially interested in TYP.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i almost forgot about this show, but it was so strange and hilarious. i really enjoyed it. top 10 of the 2017!