• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The weird music thread.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Anything by Mr. Bungle, really. DON'T STOP BEFORE THE END! You need to experience this in it's entirety. Trust me.

I recommend earbuds/headphones.

"I never did drugs." - me

I would say nearly every Ween song in existence. :D Is it bad that they're also one of my favorite bands too? :tongue: Although, I'm more of a fan of their other stuff than this. And I also don't do drugs either, as hard as it may be to believe.

And Klaus Nomi! A cover of the classic song, The Twist.

Also Nina Hagen. I could go on and on, haha.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A few off the top of my Youtube:

Bonus:

Tengri

70s Soviet funk was a very weird thing. It's an entire genre composed of half-heard, contextless references to the West
A polka band of talented musicians that intentionally play terribly

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's type him. This should be fun.
My first impression is ENFP. I know other ENFP artists who are complete playful originals that make you feel a little gobsmacked, and they also keep changing in unexpected ways. I'm watching some interviews now and he is a "Frutopian" eating only fruits and veggies. There is also a nostalgia to his style being influenced by those earliest recordings available which could be a Fi-Si kind of thing.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I wen ahead and posted the whole album...
It's pretty underground.

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yea... most of Melanie Martinez songs are different in a way I like.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose most of what I listen to is 'weird', though most of it isn't trying to be. This is an exception, though. Neil is a genius.

Frank Zappa and the Mothers, because you can't mention 'weird music' without referencing Zappa. One of the pioneers of the weird music movement. :D