• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your MBTI type & what's the song(s) you went to in your darkest moment?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This question popped up into my head as I revisited a song from my past. I've revisted a few, recently. And I was wondering, what are some of the songs you've listened to when you've had a really rough time? (Be it in the past or presently.)

I'm an ENFJ. The two songs I remember the most are Bodies by The Smashing Pumpkins (I liked a lot of their stuff, especially the Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness album -- but Billy Corgan turned out to be an asshole so I don't listen to them much anymore..) and Grow Up and Blow Away by Metric. It's weird because I can listen to those songs and I have a lot of memories with them. It's like my brain goes back to those moments. For me, it was high school, turbulent times, struggling with my confidence. I still struggle. I'd be lying if I said I was better than before... which I have tried to fool myself with.

So, what are the songs/artists you've listened to when you're having a rough time?

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
When I was younger I listened to a lot of angry or sad music. A lot of Three Days Grace, Hawthorne Heights, The Used, Evanescence, etc.

Now I generally gravitate towards stuff that will put me in a better mood and see the brighter side of things, or something kind of chill but not depressing. I like M83, Tori Kelly, James Bay, Coldplay, Silversun Pickups, etc.

Oh, and my MBTI type is ISFP.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ENFP here. First thing that comes to mind is a line from the RWBY soundtrack:
Born an angel, heaven sent
Falls from grace are never elegant

It's oddly self absorbed, but reminds me of an awful relationship I was in with an INTJ. Sometimes I catch myself reminiscing about it, even though it was pretty unhealthy. Really any song that features angry, bitter love or angel/devil imagery. There's a few Maroon 5 songs that fit that. Any song that makes you go, 'wait a second, that isn't as romantic as I thought it was'. I kinda don't want to elaborate further....

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
When I was younger I listened to a lot of angry or sad music. A lot of Three Days Grace, Hawthorne Heights, The Used, Evanescence, etc.

Now I generally gravitate towards stuff that will put me in a better mood and see the brighter side of things, or something kind of chill but not depressing. I like M83, Tori Kelly, James Bay, Coldplay, Silversun Pickups, etc.

Oh, and my MBTI type is ISFP.

Wow, I used to listen to The Used and Evanescence too. Marilyn Manson... lots of "goth" stuff but then I stopped. I mean there's Nine Inch Nails, but that's kind of different. Trent Reznor has grown as a person/artist (his movie score work is great too), Manson has not. His latest album was good but then I just.. it kept giving me weird vibes and I was like, why did I like this stuff? I've listened to a lot of alternative/indie stuff lately, but I also like M83, The Black Keys, stuff like that. A lot of the stuff I used to listen to, I was like, this isn't me anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

ENFP here. First thing that comes to mind is a line from the RWBY soundtrack:
Born an angel, heaven sent
Falls from grace are never elegant

It's oddly self absorbed, but reminds me of an awful relationship I was in with an INTJ. Sometimes I catch myself reminiscing about it, even though it was pretty unhealthy. Really any song that features angry, bitter love or angel/devil imagery. There's a few Maroon 5 songs that fit that. Any song that makes you go, 'wait a second, that isn't as romantic as I thought it was'. I kinda don't want to elaborate further....

That's fine. I get you on the second-take about the song, though. I've had a lot of those moments.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This album, in the past. Hurts to listen to now.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This album, in the past. Hurts to listen to now.

Ooooh my god I remember listening to this artist and bawling my eyes out to Lua and not understanding what it was about but it just made me cry anyways.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Wow, I used to listen to The Used and Evanescence too. Marilyn Manson... lots of "goth" stuff but then I stopped. I mean there's Nine Inch Nails, but that's kind of different. Trent Reznor has grown as a person/artist (his movie score work is great too), Manson has not. His latest album was good but then I just.. it kept giving me weird vibes and I was like, why did I like this stuff? I've listened to a lot of alternative/indie stuff lately, but I also like M83, The Black Keys, stuff like that. A lot of the stuff I used to listen to, I was like, this isn't me anymore.

Ooooh, that makes me think of Marilyn Manson's The Nightmare Before Christmas thing he did. A lot of the stuff I used to listen to I just can't handle anymore. Pretty much the only ones I can still handle are MCR (I will always love them), and Fall Out Boy. The rest are just....I feel like an old person when I listen to them because they're so angry and I'm like :shock:

I'm very into the indie/alternative stuff too nowadays.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ooooh, that makes me think of Marilyn Manson's The Nightmare Before Christmas thing he did. A lot of the stuff I used to listen to I just can't handle anymore. Pretty much the only ones I can still handle are MCR (I will always love them), and Fall Out Boy. The rest are just....I feel like an old person when I listen to them because they're so angry and I'm like :shock:

I'm very into the indie/alternative stuff too nowadays.

ME TOOOOOOOOO. I took my music taste so seriously as a teenager and I was so serious and deep and I look back and think I was an asshole. Ugh, it's a bunch of embarrassing memories. I was a tryhard.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
ME TOOOOOOOOO. I took my music taste so seriously as a teenager and I was so serious and deep and I look back and think I was an asshole. Ugh, it's a bunch of embarrassing memories. I was a tryhard.

Lmao. I don't think I was a tryhard, I was just very angry and hated a lot of things. I'm much more mellow now.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Lmao. I don't think I was a tryhard, I was just very angry and hated a lot of things. I'm much more mellow now.

I hated everything and I loved hating stuff and wasted so much time acting like that. I think I've mellowed out, too. I don't really bother with a lot of stuff now.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In the situation i know the teacher over heard the 2 friends talking. Thank god

Little_Sticks

...INXX 549 sp/sx
These match pretty well, along with the videos.

despondent

angry

Last edited:

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP 9w1

Around the time I was dumped, nearly two years ago:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are a few but this is the first that came to mind.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ

I really haven't had much in the way of dark times. This is the one song that comes to mind though.